Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye

Default Bye Bye

Don't let the door hit ya in the a** on the way out.......

Here’s a list of those who’ve promised to leave if Trump wins:

“Breaking Bad” star Bryan Cranston – “Absolutely, I would definitely move. It’s not real to me that that would happen. I hope to God it won’t.”

Actor Samuel Jackson – “If that motherf–—er becomes president, I’m moving my black *** to South Africa.”

“Girls” celebrity Lena Dunham – “I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this, but I really will. I know a lovely place in Vancouver.”

“House of Cards” actress Neve Campbell, already a Canadian citizen, has promised to repatriate herself.

“Orange is the New Black” actress Natasha Lyonne has picked a “mental hospital” for her political exile.

Cher – “I’m moving to Jupiter.”

Miley Cyrus – “I am moving if he is president. I don’t say things I don’t mean!”

Barbara Streisand – “I’m either coming to your country if you’ll let me in, or Canada.”

Singer Ne-Yo, like so many others, plans to bug out to nearby Canada.

What do YOU think? Was the election rigged? Sound off in today’s WND poll

Comedian Amy Schumer – “I will need to learn to speak Spanish, because I will move to Spain or somewhere.”

Chelsea Handler – “I did buy a house in another country just in case. So all these people that threaten to leave the country and then don’t — I actually will leave that country.”

Former “Daily Show” host Jon Stewart’s getaway plan is among the more extreme. He’s planning on “going to another planet,” although he did specify a particular planet.

Whoopi Goldberg – “Maybe it’s time for me to move, you know. I can afford to go.”

Keegan-Michael Key’s planned exile to Canada doesn’t sound like too much of a hardship – “It’s like, 10 minutes from Detroit. That’s where I’m from; my mom lives there. It’d make her happy too.”

Comedian George Lopez is the only future emigre who’s vowing to move South. Indeed, he says Hispanics will “all go back.”

Ali Wentworth, wife of ABC newsman George Stephanopoulous, said that “If Trump wins, we’ll start looking at real estate in Sydney, Australia. No crime, no guns.”

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg – “Now it’s time for us to move to New Zealand” (she’s already backtracked and apologized).

Al Sharpton has plans for destinations unknown and says he has been “reserving my ticket out of here.”

Of course, threats to leave the country have been heard many times out of Hollywood before past elections, but little ever comes of it. America has been waiting since 2000 for Alec Baldwin to keep his “unequivocal” promise to leave. Even his wife-at-the time, Kim Bassinger, promised to leave with him. Rocker Eddie Vedder, actor Matt Damon and director Robert Altman were supposed to depart on the same boat, but they stayed.

Barbra Streisand holds the record for entertainers-in-exile-who-are-still-here. Her promise to leave dates back to the Clinton-Bush Sr. campaign of 1992. She’s still here.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/11/celebs-wh...xrA61mIDtQT.99

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Don't let the door hit ya in the a** on the way out.......

Here’s a list of those who’ve promised to leave if Trump wins:

“Breaking Bad” star Bryan Cranston – “Absolutely, I would definitely move. It’s not real to me that that would happen. I hope to God it won’t.”

Actor Samuel Jackson – “If that motherf–—er becomes president, I’m moving my black *** to South Africa.”

“Girls” celebrity Lena Dunham – “I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this, but I really will. I know a lovely place in Vancouver.”

“House of Cards” actress Neve Campbell, already a Canadian citizen, has promised to repatriate herself.

“Orange is the New Black” actress Natasha Lyonne has picked a “mental hospital” for her political exile.

Cher – “I’m moving to Jupiter.”

Miley Cyrus – “I am moving if he is president. I don’t say things I don’t mean!”

Barbara Streisand – “I’m either coming to your country if you’ll let me in, or Canada.”

Singer Ne-Yo, like so many others, plans to bug out to nearby Canada.

What do YOU think? Was the election rigged? Sound off in today’s WND poll

Comedian Amy Schumer – “I will need to learn to speak Spanish, because I will move to Spain or somewhere.”

Chelsea Handler – “I did buy a house in another country just in case. So all these people that threaten to leave the country and then don’t — I actually will leave that country.”

Former “Daily Show” host Jon Stewart’s getaway plan is among the more extreme. He’s planning on “going to another planet,” although he did specify a particular planet.

Whoopi Goldberg – “Maybe it’s time for me to move, you know. I can afford to go.”

Keegan-Michael Key’s planned exile to Canada doesn’t sound like too much of a hardship – “It’s like, 10 minutes from Detroit. That’s where I’m from; my mom lives there. It’d make her happy too.”

Comedian George Lopez is the only future emigre who’s vowing to move South. Indeed, he says Hispanics will “all go back.”

Ali Wentworth, wife of ABC newsman George Stephanopoulous, said that “If Trump wins, we’ll start looking at real estate in Sydney, Australia. No crime, no guns.”

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg – “Now it’s time for us to move to New Zealand” (she’s already backtracked and apologized).

Al Sharpton has plans for destinations unknown and says he has been “reserving my ticket out of here.”

Of course, threats to leave the country have been heard many times out of Hollywood before past elections, but little ever comes of it. America has been waiting since 2000 for Alec Baldwin to keep his “unequivocal” promise to leave. Even his wife-at-the time, Kim Bassinger, promised to leave with him. Rocker Eddie Vedder, actor Matt Damon and director Robert Altman were supposed to depart on the same boat, but they stayed.

Barbra Streisand holds the record for entertainers-in-exile-who-are-still-here. Her promise to leave dates back to the Clinton-Bush Sr. campaign of 1992. She’s still here.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/11/celebs-wh...xrA61mIDtQT.99

US has spoken.

We is won.

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 11-09-2016 at 06:35 AM. Reason: more space was needed hehehe

Yip we gave them a big "F U"

DEV citing wnd.com pretty much personifies the mentality of your typical Trump supporter. Of course, as the article points out, celebrities have threatened to leave before when their preferred candidate failed to get elected. There's nothing new under the sun.

"We" didn't do anything. The popular vote (in which Clinton leads by a narrow margin) clearly has this country split in half. The Electoral numbers are not an accurate reflection of the views of our citizenry, and in spite of what some may think, the Trump mandate is supported only by those who voted for him - and in fact even less than that, as there are many who weren't voting "for Trump" as they were voting "against Clinton".

I've not voted for a major party candidate for President since 2000, and there was nothing our current candidates offered which could have convinced me to support either one of them. I still have this quaint idea that you have to earn my vote; that it's not enough for me to be against the other guy. Unfortunately, that's how many of you voted, and that was reflected time and time again from the primary debates to last night's vote. Whether you voted for the Establishment or the Demagogue, this election was an affirmation of everything wrong with our political system.

"He's all yours, America. He's all yours."

You sure did.
    It's a massive FU to everyone. You included, but until it slaps you square in the face you won't see it.

LOL !

stop!

please , just stop...

ur making my day

and i know you don't wanna do that!

hehe haha

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    "We" didn't do anything. The popular vote (in which Clinton leads by a narrow margin) clearly has this country split in half. The Electoral numbers are not an accurate reflection of the views of our citizenry, and in spite of what some may think, the Trump mandate is supported only by those who voted for him - and in fact even less than that, as there are many who weren't voting "for Trump" as they were voting "against Clinton".

I've not voted for a major party candidate for President since 2000, and there was nothing our current candidates offered which could have convinced me to support either one of them. I still have this quaint idea that you have to earn my vote; that it's not enough for me to be against the other guy. Unfortunately, that's how many of you voted, and that was reflected time and time again from the primary debates to last night's vote. Whether you voted for the Establishment or the Demagogue, this election was an affirmation of everything wrong with our political system.

yup

you're not included in any "we" that we're a part of...

but if u kiss my as's

i'll let u in (it) ...

ooo la la frenchy

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 11-09-2016 at 08:22 AM. Reason: u in me... we.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post

This country is not "split in half". Did you not see the maps? The populous has different needs based on location, the high density big cities are full of liberal individuals but those pockets don't have a real grasp on the needs of those outside of them. The overwhelming message is that the Democratic party needs to better understand those needs. It has been said before that the Republican party is out of touch with the poor, minorities etc..., this I don't disagree with but at the same time the far left has no clue what the needs of the actual majority of the country, not the small pockets with large population but the true power of this country which is the middle class.

Hope lessons are learned on both sides, a little mirror time might help all.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    This country is not "split in half". Did you not see the maps? The populous has different needs based on location, the high density big cities are full of liberal individuals but those pockets don't have a real grasp on the needs of those outside of them. The overwhelming message is that the Democratic party needs to better understand those needs. It has been said before that the Republican party is out of touch with the poor, minorities etc..., this I don't disagree with but at the same time the far left has no clue what the needs of the actual majority of the country, not the small pockets with large population but the true power of this country which is the middle class.

Hope lessons are learned on both sides, a little mirror time might help all.
    Ah but Seal, when you point at that map, you are referring to the geographical-Electoral results. If you take a good look at the popular vote numbers of states that swung red, you will see that a great deal of their results fell within the 40s/50s split (i.e., no overwhelming majority).

Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying we should throw out the Electoral College. But the pundits can't argue this was a "populist" and ignore the fact that a majority of the population voted against Trump. There is no overwhelming message, no unifying mandate - that was a fallacy in 2008, and it's a fallacy now.

EDIT: Taking a quick look at the numbers, we see that 118.7 million people voted for a major party candidate this election. That is 8 million less than in 2012, and 10 million less than in 2008. In fact, Trump won with less of the popular vote then either McCain or Romney had. That's pretty significant, and a pretty good indicator the lack of faith people have in our system, particularly when it becomes as polarized as this election was.

So yes, when you look at the popular vote, this country is split right down the middle, with a significant (and growing) part of it so disenfranchised that they've given up voting altogether.
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 11-09-2016 at 10:11 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast