Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 11/8 dinks for the memory

Default 11/8 dinks for the memory

I trolled the east end ramp 2 first in case there were any trout-eating stripers there. No one there, so started with the fly and hit a nice 3 pounder. After that it was all dinks. So many dinks in fact that when my meter was showing what I would normally think was shad balls, it was actually schools of micro dinks. They are all over the lake too. I even had them hit my U-rig with 5" swimbaits on it.

Well Pat, a few dinks and a taco sized schoolie sure beats the ol' skunk. Glad you found them biting. Maybe the trout truck didn't ring the dinner bell loud enough, those big boys need to get in touch with their inner Pavlov and come a runnin' when they hear that backup alarm followed by a bunch of splashing.

Yah. The trout dump was a little more than half the amount from 2 years ago. After the next dump it may turn on. I've never seen so many micro dinks in so many areas of the lake. Part of the problem is the late onset of fall. Still 90 degrees with 69* water.
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 11-09-2016 at 06:48 AM.

I'm not sure they're putting enough trout in the lake to ring the dinner bell. 600 pounds isn't a lot of fish.

Patrick how did u do today? I had a hard time locating today...

Well, I stuck a nice 4 pounder and had one break off my leadcore and a new fly I had just tied. BOO HOO. Other than that I could only get bit by the micro dinks again. It was tough all around due to the wind and chop. I hear that after next Tuesday we'll be done with the 90* days and maybe we can get back into a fall pattern.