Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Rockfish Wrap-up... or Is It???

Default Rockfish Wrap-up... or Is It???

Man, it's just been a really great year of fishing thus far and the only thing missing was a boat trip with City Sushi. Finally found a weekend day that wasn't booked solid for either of them and we lit out on the New Del Mar one more time before 'Ol Man Winter rolls in.

At first light we thought we might be in for a bumpy ride, but even though the wind was kicking the water was pretty smooth. Got a couple of blasts of rain in the face on the way out, but that was pretty much it until we headed back and drove through a micro-squall.

First drop wasn't wide open but Poseidon yielded up a few tacos and we were grateful for 'em.

Next stop saw quicker action and slightly larger models with CG and CS nailing double hook-ups before I could even get a bait to depth.
    Drop to the bottom and then ten cranks up seemed to be the ticket. Anchovies took most, but CG got a couple nice ones on squid heads. She insisted the ones still dripping a little ink were the best - and one couldn't argue the results. She's becoming a pro.

This was CS's first trip for deep rockfish but it wasn't long before she got the touch. She had the fastest catch rate of anyone on our rail and although she claimed she was fishing at ten cranks up I suspect that she had found a depth just slightly more productive than everyone else was fishing and was keeping that little secret for herself. (So gratifying to see you kids becoming crafty young anglers.)

A great day on the water. A good boat and a light load. We have a ton of stuff coming up in the next couple months, so it's gonna be a challenge to find time to go fishing again, but we'll be keeping an eye on the weather just in case. You never know when Poseidon is gonna summon you to the big pond again.
    Last edited by City Dad; 10-31-2016 at 09:36 AM.

Nice job Tim and girls. Way to show the crusty doods on the rail how its done Looks like the freezer's full again

Nick

Luved the post Tim!

Kelly and Lilah were practically raised with ignited spirits for the out doors and the luv of fishing.
    I'm not surprised at all ... that they may have had the hot stix's on the stern.

A big hi to SG and CG from me,
    I'll look forward to your next family outing report.

SP Dan <"))><

Love the smiles, thanks for sharing

Very nice post and pics,Thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

great times!

Very cool! Way to go Kelly and Lilah. Really love that last pict!!!

Don