Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Guide trip fri pouring rain and still mr stripey died

Default Guide trip fri pouring rain and still mr stripey died

todd an long time fnn follower had set a trip for himself and a major buisness assoc. of his ,we had fri set for over a week but as it approched so did a storm. so i had made sure they where willing to still go if it rained ,they brought there rain suits i did and i put my bimmini top on. of coarse i get there an hour early to get everything set no rain no wind which i really liked .but an hour later right after we launched ,here comes the rain and it came down good for about 3 hrs,but during that time we started picking off fish and peter todd's assoc had already got his striper virgin cherry popped and scored his first double hook up.we did the slow pick on the scattered schools . after the rain it was a very nice day. one of my bass fishing pals was bass fishing in slalom cove area fishing for bass when a school of big stripers rolled in and started boiling he got a limit of double digit stripers after 3 hours of off and on again boiling ,the bad weather had kept the boat traffic the first half of the day down to only 3 or 4 boats on the whole lake ,so he had no boil whores to come around and bite. we only had one good boil anywhere near us and as week slipped up on them they went down and circled the area which had some huge bait schools and wouldnt come up so after throwing some topwater and swimbaits for nada , we trolled on. the bite was real spotty and really spread out so you have to work hard for youre fish....thank you todd and peter for all the laughs and nice striper slaying..........T/O.......................

I was thinking about you guys, looking at the weather radar while at work, and watching the squalls cover Castaic, good to see die hard fishermen! Congrats on the catch, and for staying the course......Bob, we will have to get after it again soon...Going to Nevada for the AAPEX abd SEMA trade shows this coming week......Talk to you soon...........Dave