Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which plastic worms and which m-jigs do you like?

Default Which plastic worms and which m-jigs do you like?

I'm familiar with the Berkeley stuff pretty well. But wonder about the others which I have also ... Lips ... TKing ... etc... which I haven't used much but have plenty.

Do you prefer to use 1/16 or 1/32 weights ?

Thanks MUCH for any opinions-suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    I'm familiar with the Berkeley stuff pretty well. But wonder about the others which I have also ... Lips ... TKing ... etc... which I haven't used much but have plenty.

Do you prefer to use 1/16 or 1/32 weights ?

Thanks MUCH for any opinions-suggestions

Berkley, Senko, RoboWorm.

not in that order

but they work for me

i drop shot em n

work em slow

for bass.

what you fishing for?

Sorry I should have said trout

Thanks for trying

I like Sierra Slammers!

Grasshopper and King Crimson are two of my favorite colors...

I fish their trout worms and the 2" swim baits everywhere in the eastern sierras and have always had great luck...
    Last edited by FishinUSA; 10-27-2016 at 10:36 PM.

[QUOTE=FishinUSA;783696]I like Sierra Slammers!

Grasshopper and King Crimson are two of my favorite colors...

I fish their trout worms and the 2" swim baits everywhere in the eastern sierras and have always had great luck...[/QUOTha

Thanks Fishin for the help ... you prefer the 1/16 or 1/32 weights

I was told that Slammers have no scent so they can be used as artificial lures like in the Wild Trout section of the Owens. Ever heard anything like that? Do you use scents on them? Thanks MUCH

You can fish with a $100 bill, have Poseidon fart on the jig for scent, and still not catch shiat if you don't know how to run a jig. It doesn't matter, unless you are fishing with that $100 bill. If that's the case buy them all, if not squirming squirts from BPS work just fine. Always go with a natural color. Trout fishing is really not that complicated when spin fishing. And yes, I've been told by Culver's in bishop, you can use unscented jigs in the wild sections, however, I don't like giving DFG a reason to stop me from fishing. Throw some flies or small spinner.
    Last edited by Piss on Myspace; 10-28-2016 at 12:49 PM.

I don't fish for trout that often but I would travel to the Eastern Sierras every year for week and fish for trout with my son. I prefer using the 1/32oz jigs, grasshopper color in Berkely or Trout Trap mini jigs. I also like to use the trout worms in combination with the mini jigs I thread the trout worms all the way up the tube of the mini jigs. I prefer the natural color trout worms, especially in clear water. But will use different combinations of color.

Kirk
    www.bassinthehood.com

Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    You can fish with a $100 bill, have Poseidon fart on the jig for scent, and still not catch shiat if you don't know how to run a jig. It doesn't matter, unless you are fishing with that $100 bill. If that's the case buy them all, if not squirming squirts from BPS work just fine. Always go with a natural color. Trout fishing is really not that complicated when spin fishing. And yes, I've been told by Culver's in bishop, you can use unscented jigs in the wild sections, however, I don't like giving DFG a reason to stop me from fishing. Throw some flies or small spinner.
    You are kind of NEGATIVE.

I think that was great info. Especially the part that you can use non-scented jigs. Single hook better than a treble. Thanks for all you shared.

POMS ... sorry to set you off.

"if you don't know how to run a jig." I'm tryin to learn ... starting with WHAT to use. I'd love to learn more about HOW to use them ... I have some idea ... but probably need to learn more.

Interesting ... No mention of Trout King

THANKS for sharing.
    Last edited by billy b; 10-29-2016 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    POMS ... sorry to set you off.

"if you don't know how to run a jig." I'm tryin to learn ... starting with WHAT to use. I'd love to learn more about HOW to use them ... I have some idea ... but probably need to learn more.

Interesting ... No mention of Trout King

THANKS for sharing.

i'm no expert on animosity...but i think your read on that reply was spot on.

if he was talking to me, i wouldn't have been so nice... the high road...

Nahhh...

lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast