Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: First roller coaster ride ever. MAGIC mountain

Default First roller coaster ride ever. MAGIC mountain

Taking my girlfriend , 47 years old to magic mountain on Nov 19th for a company private party. She has never been on a roller coaster in her life. SHE wants to try one. I haven't been to magic mountain in 10 years. Tell me which one should I start her out on? CHIME in below.

I'd go with X2 first.

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    Taking my girlfriend , 47 years old to magic mountain on Nov 19th for a company private party. She has never been on a roller coaster in her life. SHE wants to try one. I haven't been to magic mountain in 10 years. Tell me which one should I start her out on? CHIME in below.
    I went as the DATE with a girl in my late 30's. She loved all the roller coasters and I was sick on all of them. (needless to say I never went out with her again!!!) Remember these aren't Disneyland designed ones for family enjoyment!!! (their meant to push the brink of wild teenagers) The single best roller coaster ever designed for family enjoyment is Space Mountain at Disneyland. It's just fast enough for thrills and shot in the dark with all the stars for people to focus on. (my mother rode it in her 60's with her sister and said it was great!!!) To bad the party wasn't at Disneyland, she would have gotten a real treat!!! To answer your question, the least nauseating one for me was the Revolution if they still have it. (it was one of the old original ones as seen in the movie Vacation)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-26-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Dang its been 30 years for me. Here is a pic that I took while riding on the Colossus back then, think its gone now.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img471.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	49170

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    I can't tell you which one to ride first, though I have to agree with DS that X2 is up there.

However, I would like to make one recommendation - Tatsu at NIGHT. Trust me on this one.

I'm not sure if Ninja is still around. As a first timer, between it and Colossus, I would pick Colossus. BTW, scream your lung out does help.