Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Go Pro Camera.

Default Go Pro Camera.

Been thinking about buying one. Do any of you guys have one, and if so do you like it.

I have a gopro 4 silver and i try to use it whenever i can, the gopro 5 just came out and it looks awesome because its waterproof by itself the previous one u need the casing which was kinda of a pain to switch around

They're fun, especially if you have good editing software and can chop it up right.

I had the first generations and the video quality was terrible and you could not use it in low light at all. I'm sure after 10 years, they've worked on the video quality issues.

Another thing I wish they would work on is the barrel distortion that occurs with the shot, but I get that they need it for the wide angle lens they use, and you can always use post processing editing applications to fix that.

Thanks for the input guys, I like the underwater part on the Go Pro 5.

I have made several fishing vids with my gopro, using the gopro editing software, and it handles the job well. My only complaint (not a fault of gopro) is that you have to sacrifice a good bit of quality when uploading to youtube.

Here's my tip - When the camera is in the waterproof housing, it isn't going to record much in the way of sound, so if you want record the sounds of you talking or the ambient noise, you can use a small USB voice recorder and clip it to your hat. Any decent editing software (I use Camtasia) will let you marry the sound to the video when you edit. I think too many fishing videos have all music soundtracks.

buy the refurbished camera gopro offers. Cheaper and still has the name. However the new cameras have "stabilizers" built in to them now. This was a very frustrating thing not to have with the previous versions. Start with the Gopro Session. The new ones dont even need a waterproof case anymore. Another great feature built in. What ever camera you get buy at least a 32-64 gig memory card. For editing windows movie maker will start you off just fine. On settings don't do 4K. 1080p at 60FPS is fine. Once you get more comfortable with camera, then bump up your settings and editing software.

Also the mounts cost a crap load. Buy after market chargers and mounts. Saves money

Just a heads up on the Hero 5 , yes the waterproof shell is nice , but it is not so nice for audio and there is no place to plug an external mic for sound so you will sound like you are talking inside of a cup 100% of the time . another feature I found on the Hero 5 is there memory card location slot , it is in a terrible spot buried next to the door and battery and has become a issue removing from the camera once placed in , I have seen broken Micro Sd cards and the Hero 5 coming back and people switching back to the Hero 4 Silver ... just my 2 cents , but i would stick with the hero 4 silver in the long run

Thanks for the good info.