Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Guide trip sun the ladies do some striper slaying

Default Guide trip sun the ladies do some striper slaying

...lori an loyal client from over the years wanted to take her girlfriend out for some striper fishing ,cathy had not fished in yrs and had never striper fished before well she killed some and isnt a striper virgin anymore. at launching it was very dark with heavy cloud cover and next to no wind ,perfect striper weather to fish. first couple spots we saw small shad schools and really scattered fish, but about 30 minutes into it we got a trolling rod slammed and the first fish hit the deck and cathy had got her first striper. we worked the area good but the schools just were not there. so we pressed on with the troll searching for shad schools and striper schools. when we did find a fish here and there they really slammed the rig ,the one with the right color for the dark conditions ,then i switched out the one that wasnt being hit , thats one of the secrets of trolling running two different rigs till you get the constant hit on the one ,and if neither gets hit change them until till you do get hit. the bite was slow but we did hit them here and there on the slow pick of fish, at least they were nice fat little schoolies ,perfect for eating. noon came and the clouds left the skies cleared ,but here came the big winds and white caps ,we had to readjust the depths we were running and the colors that they would hit ,the water temp is slowly dropping...........thank you lori and cathy for using my guides services ...........T/O...............

Thanks for the report -- I guess I'm not the only one that's finding them scattered around the lake lately. Last week I filled up an entire tracklog on my FF trolling around the whole lake. Big change from this summer where they seemed to be all piled up by the bouy line (before they re-installed it)

I am glad you got some action, I was worried about the wind out there yesterday.......The water was so murky Thursday when we were there, I imagine the winds and the clouds made it even tougher, but those are nice looking fish! Good job ladies, and good job to you as well Bob!.............Dave

T.O. nice report and catching, have seen two good reports out of Castaic from you and Gletemfeelsteelgary and before that i can't remember when someone posted a positive report from Castaic for stripers. Do you know if it is a case of the fishing making a comeback or is it because people have not been posting when they've been there? Thanks

...steelhead most people are on the lurker mode ,they want to keep anything they do secret , i at least let people know that the fish are biting and usally what there doing ,,boiling ,live shad bite, cutbait bite, trolling bite..................but the lmb's and stripers are happy with the lake level up so much from where it was....and so are the shads.....it will be a great spawn for them and that is the most important thing happening ,besides all the water..........