Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jenks in the fall

Default Jenks in the fall

Late report here. Headed out to Jenks the weekend before last with my youngest little guy. Heard they had just stocked so thought we'd give Jenks a last go for the year. We love it up there! The weather was quite crisp in the early morning and there was even some fall changes. A beautiful morning!

The water level is actually up from earlier in the year and back to just about normal from the fire last year.
    The weeds have become terrible though and I'm not sure how anyone can even get past them from the shore. Even from the dock there's only one good side.

There were several float tubers out this morning as well. We got a couple but as usual was more about just getting out especially with my kiddos.

That's what it's all about. Love the thumbs up pic

That is such a cool little lake. Nice job getting the boy out there. Looks like he had a great time! Does anyone know when Jenks closes?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    That is such a cool little lake. Nice job getting the boy out there. Looks like he had a great time! Does anyone know when Jenks closes?
    It is formally closed as of two weekends ago I believe.

When I lived up there it was okay to park outside the closed gate and walk down to the lake. Wonder why it closes early ... vs ... End of October or November fifteen

Thanks. So I guess you can buy a wilderness permit and park on the road outside of the parking lot?

7. Default

Also interested in this...if I park outside, will I get a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Also interested in this...if I park outside, will I get a ticket?
    I've done it before and didn't get a ticket. So I doubt it

No Adventure pass required....there are no Forest facilities (picnic area or restrooms) available.

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    When I lived up there it was okay to park outside the closed gate and walk down to the lake. Wonder why it closes early ... vs ... End of October or November fifteen
    November 15 is a Sierra closing date not Southern California.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast