Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: OC Lakes/Ponds

Default OC Lakes/Ponds

Hey guys, been on the saltwater game for a while and recently have been trying to seek out good spots for freshwater fishing. Apart from the Santa Ana and Irvine lakes, which you have to pay to fish in, I only really know of the Mile Square Park pond, HB Central park(I'm from orange county) and a few other parks around here which are not that bad but typically slow.
    I know people like to keep their spots to themselves but it would be awesome if anyone would like to leave a tip for a good spot or know of any places that are free and fun to wet a line at!

Thanks!

Laguna Lake in Fullerton

I take it you're a Bass fishermen. If you're not, here is the run down of the other species. Catfish other then a few times a year are a non starter. Trout should be stocked soon and can be ok. It's a lowly fish but some of the ponds have excellent Carp fishing. Let's get back to the assumption you want to fish for Bass. If not re ask your question for the other species. If it was me wanting a good day of fishing for Bass. I would do the Trifecta of lakes (that are all in the same general vicinity) all in the same day and hope you get lucky at one of them. Their not that far apart from each other so it's very doable. Start at Tri-city park lake in Brea. Walk the whole lake and hope you get lucky on one of your favorite Bass lures. Then head over to Laguna lake in Fullerton. Rinse and Repeat!!!!! (it's about 15 minutes away) Then end your day going over to Ralph B. Clark park.(10 minutes from Laguna lake) It's small but deadly!!!!! (at Clark, if you park on the street outside you avoid the parking fee) All the lakes are free to fish at!!! Good Luck and write a report!!!

If you need any advice on what the Bass are hitting on. Go to Fishermen Access in Brea on Imperial Hwy. (ask for Seth) He is the local Bass guru at those lakes. (especially Laguna)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-16-2016 at 09:23 AM.

south of the continental divide, i always hit up La Goon Ah Lake Fullerton (grew up next to it, fished it as a kid.)

someone told me they fixed the leak? (i guess it leaked... a lot!)

but there's fish in that lake

bass bluegill red ear and big ol carp too.

g luck...