Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Guide trip thurs dave slayin some little piggies

Default Guide trip thurs dave slayin some little piggies

.dave needed a day on the water killing stripers and away from all the normal daily stuff ,so thurs was party time.i luanched the boat and tyed it up ,dave hoped on board and was waiting for me to walk down from the parking lot ,as i am walking down, the stripers start boiling just off from the boat ,you never saw an old man run so fast to get to the boat drop the trolling motor and get on them. dave had a couple quick hook ups and shake offs ,he kept firing then hooked up a nice bass. then after moving around a little dave hooks up again this time on the jackpot fish of the day. they were bigger units and really moving fast , i got 3 or 4 hook up and shake offs ,so i was skunked for the first engagement with mr stripey. most of the day was a slow hard search for biting fish .mon when i was there guideing there wasnt any boiling and the water level was down about 3ft ,thats alot of water ,thurs it was was back up 3ft or more and they were still letting in water at the inlet. the water was really dark green and a little cooler. the shad schools were destabled the were stacked up in all different areas in the water colume. the weather was beautifull and the company was great and fun to be with.......thank you again dave and yes i got skunked today ,i quess i am human like everyone else.............T/O....

Thanks Bob......I needed a day to unwind, especially after Stan,s passing and the whole aftermath of that. That was crazy first thing, but fun, as was the rest of the day, and you were right about the weather, beautiful with very little wind, not too many more days like that left this year. Hey, who are those two guys in the truck with the bass boat behind me in the picture, lol.......Thanks again Bob!

Dave

it was good they came by ,right after you left the knuckleheads that casted over our lines as we passed them showed up sat there for a minute looking at me then decided they didnt want to talk to the 3 of us............