Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Any suggestions on Fit Over sunglasses ?

Default Any suggestions on Fit Over sunglasses ?

... would appreciate VERY MUCH any tips on glasses that fit over my prescription ... and are good for fishing.

THANKS MUCH

I agree with Devoreflyer. I have a pair of Cocoons that are great. They are somewhat bulky, but they are light and really shield the glare. Have a nice case as well. I had a pair of Cocoons clip ons, and while they were nice the added weight in a hot environment where I was sweating meant my glasses would slide down my nose. They have a really big selection at Brass Ho, so I would recommend checking them out to find the ones that work the best for you (that's where I got both of mine). Not inexpensive, but when it comes to eyesight who wants to go cheap?

Is there a particular Cocoon model you use ... is there a kind that's necessary for fishing .... like polarized

Thanks MUCH for the GREAT help !!!

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    Is there a particular Cocoon model you use ... is there a kind that's necessary for fishing .... like polarized

Thanks MUCH for the GREAT help !!!
    Polarized is a must for fishing. You need to match a model/style that will fit over your glasses. http://www.fitoverusa.com/sizing-guides/

Mine are the Coccoon Pilot C302G. Again, if you are anywhere close to Bass Pro, they have a huge selection and you can test fit/try the different styles and colors. Admittedly, you can probably source them online for less, but for something you really want to be comfortable with its nice to try and compare. And there are other brands, but I have been really happy with these.