Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Big Corona 10-9

Default Big Corona 10-9

Yesterday I had some free time and decided to go fishing last minute. Went over to the local Superior and got some shrimp and "charales" which looked like a type of smelt. Fished from 1 to 4 p.m. where the sea wall and jetty meet as I was too lazy to walk along the actual jetty. Pretty slow day. I talked to a few anglers and most said they didn't catch anything or didn't get any bites, but one gentleman said he caught a calico. Based on his hand gestures, probably 10"-12" long.

After not catching anything for the first hour, I decided to downsize. The fish didn't seem to like the charales at all which became very mushy, but the shrimp did the trick. Using my 6' spinning set up with 2 lb line, I tied on an 18" carolina rig with 1/8 oz sinker and the smallest mosquito hook I had in my tackle bag. Put on a small piece of shrimp and threw it out keeping my line taut. First cast, I got a small opaleye the size of my palm. Second through fourth casts, I got some senoritas which were all in the 4"-5" range. Things slowed over the next hour with constant bites, but hookup rates seemed to be 1 senorita for every 8-10 casts. Things really started to die out over the third and final hour before I left. l only got 1 more senorita, 1 black perch, and 1 other opaleye before calling it a day.

Nothing to write home about so no pics, but it was just nice being out of the house. Final fish count was:
    12-14 senoritas
    2 opaleye
    1 black perch
    Last edited by misterBAITer; 10-10-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Nice job misterBAITer out at the big C. Yes it's nice to be out on the sand but nicer when U get some feesh.

Take care,

anchor3n1

Excellent variety of fish and total of fish landed indeed!
    Your doing better than most others!

Thanx for the fish report,

SP Dan <"))><