Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Bugs ????

Default Bugs ????

Hey all,

Since I am not seeing any reports, I did some bug hunting last night and wanted to share what I found.

POACHERS, POACHERS, POACHERS......

I was on San Clemente pier from 7-11pm last night. I made pulls about every half hour for one little bug....
    My buddy who was with me got one too, it was just short... both our bugs need to grow a bit more so back they went.

Now to my RANT..... Where the hell was DFG I saw so many short bugs pulled last night. They got stuffed into plastic bags, taken to cars, etc.
    I saw NO sign of DFG anywhere. Is it a pain to get checked??? But damn I would love to see them sting that pier. Too see how fast it cleans up.
    Oh btw yes I did call we tip..... I will say there were a few really nice folks out there who also threw many back.... (was awesome to see peeps who value the reasons, size and limits are in place)

Anyway it was really nice last night, the water seemed really warm. It was great to be out there.

Tight lines,

Jon

Two things.....there are only a couple hundred Wardens for the entire state. They get spread thin.

What you are witnessing first hand is why fishing sucks in so many places where it used to be wide open. It's call too many people and too few resources. Every watched at super low tide at a SOCAL rocky beach and all the folks out there digging clams, crabs and octopus? They bring full size plastic trash cans.

Welcome to the new world of Western Outdoors Sportsmen. It's all good unless you get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    Two things.....there are only a couple hundred Wardens for the entire state. They get spread thin.

What you are witnessing first hand is why fishing sucks in so many places where it used to be wide open. It's call too many people and too few resources. Every watched at super low tide at a SOCAL rocky beach and all the folks out there digging clams, crabs and octopus? They bring full size plastic trash cans.

Welcome to the new world of Western Outdoors Sportsmen. It's all good unless you get caught.
    It's not the new world it's the third world, the only consolation is that they may be eating PCB's.

Quote Originally Posted by jonee523 View Post
    Hey all,

Since I am not seeing any reports, I did some bug hunting last night and wanted to share what I found.

POACHERS, POACHERS, POACHERS......

I was on San Clemente pier from 7-11pm last night. I made pulls about every half hour for one little bug....
    My buddy who was with me got one too, it was just short... both our bugs need to grow a bit more so back they went.

Now to my RANT..... Where the hell was DFG I saw so many short bugs pulled last night. They got stuffed into plastic bags, taken to cars, etc.
    I saw NO sign of DFG anywhere. Is it a pain to get checked??? But damn I would love to see them sting that pier. Too see how fast it cleans up.
    Oh btw yes I did call we tip..... I will say there were a few really nice folks out there who also threw many back.... (was awesome to see peeps who value the reasons, size and limits are in place)

Anyway it was really nice last night, the water seemed really warm. It was great to be out there.

Tight lines,

Jon
    They do the same crap at the Redondo pier.

sometimes i wonder if i should ever by my fishing license

Outstanding post.
    I hoop with buddy, never a close short is kept. Complain all you want, the DFG call was for sure the only thing a guy can do, at the time. How about writing a congresswoman?
    We the people, don't complain if you don't go all the way. Call the DFG. What happened? Vote, ***** to political pundits. Force the issue. It's a problem.
    What are you going to do about it? Continue to call the DFG? I've been boarded, checked at the dock, money well spent for a lil enforcement. We might need to enforce ourselves. As politely as we can. Isn't that pier in Sanchez's district?

Issa is the guy

Quote Originally Posted by Ssortasober View Post
    Outstanding post.
    I hoop with buddy, never a close short is kept. Complain all you want, the DFG call was for sure the only thing a guy can do, at the time. How about writing a congresswoman?
    We the people, don't complain if you don't go all the way. Call the DFG. What happened? Vote, ***** to political pundits. Force the issue. It's a problem.
    What are you going to do about it? Continue to call the DFG? I've been boarded, checked at the dock, money well spent for a lil enforcement. We might need to enforce ourselves. As politely as we can. Isn't that pier in Sanchez's district?
    "We might need to enforce ourselves" That would not be politically correct, the offenders are a protected class without exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post

"there are only a couple hundred Wardens for the entire state" yes but they always profile the wrong persons. I remember once I was shore fishing Castaic and the bluegill were on fire, me and my girl were in the zone when some "big sis" warden came to us and started trouble. We were licensed, no limits were violated, but she looked in my tackle box and saw my fillet knife and claimed it was illegal. A standard issue rapala fillet knife. She then said she would have to confiscate my tackle, I told her to kick rocks and she called the "safety police".They came and immediately they saw the knife was legal but "big sis" insisted that I be cited and a rod confiscated. Fortunately a calm head prevailed and took her aside and told her she was out of line. Her name was Fravel in case anyone runs into her.