Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Tubing Mary

Default Tubing Mary

Finally got all the puzzle pieces in place and managed to make a beginner's level video!

Happy fishing!

cool little vid...
    that place is full of
    bonitas right now,,
    shoreline pier is on
    fire...herrings were
    your other fishes,,,

cm

Nice video there Bob,I enjoyed it,you sure got a nice workout there 2miles round trip.
    Got to stretch your line too,very cool,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

Nicely done! Thanks for sharing
    What was the time for the round trip?

The harbor/boat security will usually blow their horn if u get within 1/4 of either queen Mary
    Or the cruise ships. Even from their top decks. Security and terrorists reasons I suppose

Didn't get the horn blown, but thanks for the info. No plans to do a repeat.

It was about 45 mins out, with some time outs for fishing breaks and I caught that first herring (thanks for the ID) on the way out, so it wasn't like I was racing to get there. Definitely took my time on the way back and spent 3 1/2 hrs in the water all together.

Down the coast a bit, Island White is about .65 miles off of the beach at the Belmont Shore Pier, so now I know that's doable. And the end of the breakwater at Newport Beach is a mile from the launch at the Coast Guard Station. I always plan my trips so I'm not kicking against the tide, so I think if I rode the tide out and fished the ends of the breakwater until the tide changed, I could stay to the edge of the channel and ride the tide back and maybe slow troll for halibut all the way back.

So far, every time out has been fun on it's own and every one helps me plan future trips.

Be careful crossing to Whites,people fly thru that area in thier boats,and some are not paying much attention,a tube sits a little low in the water and kinda hard to see when the bow is up,enjoy just be careful.

Cya Tuna Vic

Enjoyed the video!

Thanxfor the report.

SP Dan <"))><