Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Annual Troll Trip Crowley and June 30Sep-02Oct

Default Annual Troll Trip Crowley and June 30Sep-02Oct

Headed up the 395 early last Friday 9/30 and spent a couple of days in the June loop area. We come up every fall and stay at the Reverse Creek cabins. I took my 1992 CrestlinerUp there for the 1st time so it was nice to have my F/F and DR to troll around with. We Hit June for a Friday afternoon run even though the winds were kicked up. Metered a lot of fish deep on the east end but no joy on the DR or LC. We did CPR a couple of nice rainbows in 25-35’ off the North shore boulder area using mira shads. Moored the boat in the marina for the night and ended day 1 at June Brewery for some hop sampling. Saturday 10/1 hit June again, released all the stockers and managed to pick up a 4.5 too, no cutties:( Sunday 10/2 after breakfast loaded up the boat and headed for Crowley for the 1st time in my life. Stopped inside and picked up another Owner lure in a perch pattern and talked with Abbey at the counter. She informed us that there was a wind advisory and provided us some good 411 on the browns too-thanks Abbey! We were all pumped being there couldn’t wait to start trolling. After pinching and rigging everything down, we finally left the dock. The fleet was up in the North arm area. My plan was not to gun up there and join the crowd, I wanted to check out the Owens creek channel and troll it all the way up north. We settled trolling on the right side of channel in about 30 minutes into the troll my rapala down 45’ my reel screams-like a striper hitting it mega bendo action, couple of cranks into it-gone! We continue down the white chalk cliff area-went shallower and Dales rig goes bendo. We can tell it was a decent fish got em to the rail and it was a 22” male brownie-Dales 1st brown in his life, he was stoked. Quickly took some pics and did the release-what a beautiful fish. We’ll Abbey was right about the wind, we didn’t make it up to the north area this time, we came back around towards the buoy/dam area the wind was not as bad. As we saw a lot boats heading in, we stayed around for a little longer. After our 1st pass by the buoy line, we CPR a nice Cutty around 20” using a rapala shad rap and 18” rainbow 30 minutes later. We headed in around 2pm the wind was pushing us around pretty good. Overall we can’t wait to come back to Crowley. It was a great trip, I’ll post pics later still got them in my phone.

GdHkSet

Thanks for the GREAT report and sorry for the wind on Crowley ... that can be a bad lake. Kinda surprised the fish were so deep at June and Crowley. Sounds like you may have broken off a killer fish.

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    Thanks for the GREAT report and sorry for the wind on Crowley ... that can be a bad lake. Kinda surprised the fish were so deep at June and Crowley. Sounds like you may have broken off a killer fish.
    bb, We got on Crowley late I would say 9 by the time we got through the gate, well dawn patrol next time. White capping pretty good before noon, the bouy area fish were actually up we did not get anything deeper than 15' down. That 1st windy afternoon at June we saw them deep on the east side. Wish we had more fall time up there, depressing part is driving south on 395 heading back to hi desert gridlock:(. Next year Grant is going to be our next place to fish too.

Couple of pics from Crowley Sun 02Oct Dales hooked up

Brian holed up by bouy line

Fish camp

Nice report and fish, thanks for sharing!

TD

nice brownie GdHkSet1!!! I know grant has toads in it, but you don't really see to many reports from there. keep at it and you'll be rewarded

thanks for the escape!!!

.................nice..................