Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toad smallie Sunday Oct 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Pez Gringo View Post
    Had heard reports that stripers were active first thing in the morning. Was 2nd boat out of launch area and first to south coves back by quarry.
    No sign of stripers but tons of bait and all the 6-8 inch bass you could handle. At first it was fun to see them blow up on the spook but soon it became frustrating to not get any size. Changed to 3 inch p-line jig in hopes of dropping on the clouds of bait and fish I was seeing on the graph. Every drop was a fish - 6-8 inch bass. Fun for kids if you want to keep em busy.

Switched to reaction bite and was ripping a bone colored Red Eye Shad when this very nice fish started pulling drag. After several runs, I was able to get the net out and land my biggest California smallmouth yet. Beautiful long fish. Could have weighed 5 pounds if she had been eating. My friend was fishing nearby and had him take a couple pics before the release. Had a few more 12 inchers on the shad before I called it quits around noon. Sounded like the other boats had similar luck on small fish. There are literally thousands of these bass roaming. Cant wait for spring...
    Nice fish. The boys and I were out there last weekend, and caught nothing but the 6-8 inchers. It was fun for awhile, but was looking for more. The good news is all those bass are going to grow quite nicely!

.nice seeing you again pez..............the thermocline is constant till cools down some more..........set youre graph right and you can see it.............i like them smallies..........pyramid lake is filled with them.............
    this guy...........

and this guy......
    Last edited by TroutOnly; 10-11-2016 at 10:11 PM.

I remember Before the Striper's came catching nice 3 -4 fully tailed Trout while using the drop shot
    for bass.. No More..

"My friend was fishing nearby and had him take a couple pics before the release."
    Your freind took the best picture that I've seen in a while.... Nice fish... Fish On!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12