Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trout stocking

Default Trout stocking

When will dfg begin to stock trout in OC and LA county parks? Is the water still to warm?

Quote Originally Posted by mako chaser View Post
    When will dfg begin to stock trout in OC and LA county parks? Is the water still to warm?
    Could be in a couple weeks..like you mentioned depends on the water temps

It could be as early as 2 weeks or like last year it was in late November. Last year it had nothing to do with water temperatures. They were f ing around with us. Apparently a group of no gooders has infiltrated the DFG higher leadership. Their doing everything they can to screw the sportsman!!!! No I didn't just make this up!!!! The DFG wardens were giving a survey about how things are being run in their department. THEY said the higher leadership is not acting in a way to benefit the license holders.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It could be as early as 2 weeks or like last year it was in late November. Last year it had nothing to do with water temperatures. They were f ing around with us. Apparently a group of no gooders has infiltrated the DFG higher leadership. Their doing everything they can to screw the sportsman!!!! No I didn't just make this up!!!! The DFG wardens were giving a survey about how things are being run in their department. THEY said the higher leadership is not acting in a way to benefit the license holders.
    Is this based on funds for the state? And what they can afford?

Easy!

Let's ask Kwin how much weight they'll be stocking in our city parks this year!

He's FNN's unofficial official DFG spokesperson.*

Quote Originally Posted by mako chaser View Post
    Is this based on funds for the state? And what they can afford?
    Here are the numbers and you can decide if there is a conspiracy to screw the license holders. The DFG budget is over 400 million dollars a year. Angler enhancement is the stocking of fish for anglers to catch. State laws say's for every license sold something like 3.5 pounds of trout must be stocked. (which they are ignoring) A couple of years ago, they said they had a shortage of funds of only a few million dollars. Which happens???? But with a 400 million dollar budget you go after the trout stocking fund to make up for the shortage!!!!! Give me a break!!!!! You really could have dropped dozens of minor programs to make up for the short fall of money. But they didn't!!!!!! The Urban Catfish program cost less then half a million dollars a year to fund and they dropped that too!!!! With 400 million to play with and the state laws requires you to stock, they got away with screwing the anglers over a measly 3-4 million dollar shortage. Are they really that STUPID??????? I don't think they are!!!!! (I think it's all part of their evil plan) It's a way to make less and less people buy licenses every year. So in the long run, "THOSE EVIL MISGUIDED PEOPLE" who's real agenda is to get rid of all hunting and fishing in this state get their way!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-03-2016 at 07:58 PM.

It's simple, they say angling and hunting is declining so they cut programs like trout stocking, less trout stocked less angler interest angler numbers decline and so on and so on. This will never end because ole Etucker and others will continue to vote in those that are supported by the eco nazi groups that hate sportsman and all they stand for yet the ones that are most dangerous to the environment are the population that supports them (see Silverwood and other lakes during the summer contrast that with what you see from mostly fishermen during the fall to spring).

It's so simple even an idiot like I can figure it out but there is no hope because of this states direction, sorry folks!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    It's simple, they say angling and hunting is declining so they cut programs like trout stocking, less trout stocked less angler interest angler numbers decline and so on and so on. This will never end because ole Etucker and others will continue to vote in those that are supported by the eco nazi groups that hate sportsman and all they stand for yet the ones that are most dangerous to the environment are the population that supports them (see Silverwood and other lakes during the summer contrast that with what you see from mostly fishermen during the fall to spring).

It's so simple even an idiot like I can figure it out but there is no hope because of this states direction, sorry folks!
    Not true on my CA voting record. I did vote for Brown because Arnold left the state in a financial mess. Before that I voted Republican every time. My favorite Governor in my lifetime was Pete Wilson. I would vote for any decent Republican candidate this time against Gavin Newsome. (he scary's the crap out of me) Yet let me offer my 2 cents on what the real problem is????????????

I lay it back on the family's for not encouraging more activity's in the Great Outdoors!!!!!! When I was growing up in the 60's the cool things to do were to go to Big Bear lake. Or the big family vacation to Yosemite. Not any more!!!!! Give your kids a bunch of electronic devices and their entertained till they move out!!!!! I don't have any kids of my own BUT I raised 3 Boy's who needed a father figure. Guess what I got them into????? Hunting and fishing of course. Not just casual fishermen but real HARDCORE fishermen. Mickey turned into a real Bass fishermen and can't understand why I don't have any rhythm in working my Bass lures. That's the real problem, not enough kid's are introduced to the GREAT OUTDOORS, so they don't care what happens in the state when it comes to Hunting & Fishing when they grow up and vote!!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-04-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Etucker is correct. The elected bureaucracy to a great deal does not care about the constituency, and really doesn't care. Note the mass migration of business OUT of California. As the 7th largest economy in the world, the folks in Sacto know they can get away with a heck of a lot. Case in point - note that 4 communities in California - only 4 - receive ZERO California DMV license fees back into their budgets (and yes, I happen to live in one of them). Up to this point, the California legislature, in a truly bipartisan vote approved by both Dem and Republican, voted to restore these fees to the community (like every other city in CA). And every time it has, with a swipe of the Governors pen, been shot down. So stealing a few million from fish and wildlife for the good of the budget would not surprise me.

Orange County will be stocking bigger trout in November, it makes dfg trout look like guppies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast