Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Wader Help

Default Wader Help

I am looking mainly for hip waders. For fishing sierra streams when the water/air is too cold to actually walk in the water without something to protect legs and feet from the cold.

I would prefer canvas or three ply. No neoprene.

Can you please give me some help on brand to look at?

Thanks Bob

Check out the Dicks brand called Field and Stream. They are not the wetsuit kind but the nylon insulated ones that breath.
    Save you tons of money. They look like Orvis models. Mine get used with the fly rod in the surf and get beat. Lasted so far.
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 10-01-2016 at 08:38 PM.

I'd recommend buying the best you can afford. Nothing like going through a pair of $50 waders every year when you could've bought 1 pair of $100 waders that you would have to replace every 6 years.

If you're doing the surf, then entry levels are great, although I'd recommend more than just hip waders.

If you're hiking through brush, or any incline or decline more than of a 0.0001% grade, I'd try to stay away from the entry level models.

It really depends on what you're doing with them, and how often. If you say the Sierras, I can't count the number of times I've destroyed waders crashing through shrubbery on my way to harass a trout. So far, my current models have been bullet proof, considering all the elements I've put them through.