Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 6 Pak Recommendations for So Cal

Default 6 Pak Recommendations for So Cal

I'm entertaining recommendations for a 6 pak for an overnight or 2 day from Southern CA ports. We have tuna for brains.

Thanks for any help.

MRA

Bongos or island tac , sea jay. The 2 later can accommodate up to 10, but 6-8 is just right and cheaper than bongos.

Second the Sea Jay, limited loads in SD now. Have to be a 6 pack?

I follow fish counts to the point of an obsession!!!! This year it's been up and down with nothing lasting over a few day's. However, the 1 1/2 trips out of San Diego are a slam dunk right now. So for your money that's your best bet.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-02-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Agree with etucker. Sd 1.5 day trips have been killing it this last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave River Angler View Post
    I'm entertaining recommendations for a 6 pak for an overnight or 2 day from Southern CA ports. We have tuna for brains.

Thanks for any help.

MRA

My suggestion is the Chubasco III out of Long Beach berth. Daryl does overnight and 1.5 day.

Thanks for the suggestions. A friend and I are trying to get a small group together from out here in the middle of the desert. Not an easy task. I think we have 3 so far. Maybe 4. One is violently opposed to any kind of cattle boat. I'm half way in that camp as well. I really prefer a pleasant fishing experience. Willing to pay for that "convenience" to a degree. Love fishing with friends.

Again...thanks for chipping in on some ideas. Maybe we'll get some fresh fish one of these days. The reports on the board are helpful too.

MRA