Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fished the boat Grande out of Point Loma Sportfishing San Diego 9-24

Default Fished the boat Grande out of Point Loma Sportfishing San Diego 9-24

Hi gang, went on an overnight on the Grande 9-24-2016 private charter. The boat landed 3 yellow fin tuna little guys. We had 29 fisherman on board and mostly newbes. They did not keep their lines in front of them so that was not good for me since I was fishing a Rosita "Fast Eddie" pattern swimbait.
    Anyway the tuna were around our boat but did not want to play. Lots & lots of boats out there but I do not think the did any better than us.
    The crew was good with a good attitude. The food was good. I had a problem with the boats bunks, to small for me, I am an old guy.
    I do not have a hand held GPS but I was told we were less than 40 miles out from San Diego.
    Anyway we went fishing and not much catching but I did have a good time with all the fisherman and crew.
    TL's
    Bill / jig-guy

Great you had a good time - that's what it's all about! No shame in a trip like that, elsewhere on the forum folks were making the good point that they would rather get blanked on a trip with a chance at some good fish as opposed to "playing It safe" and ending up with counts of little perch and rockfish. I know the boats feel the pressure to "post numbers" but it sounds like you had a good trip with a fun crew and hopefully the "newbies" had enough fun to want to keep fishing and gained enough experience so that if they go for a second trip they'll be prepared for better action!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewcrafter View Post
    Great you had a good time - that's what it's all about!!
    Agree, sounds like a good time