Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: san vicente saturday with teamtrolltoon

Default san vicente saturday with teamtrolltoon

traffic was light arrived at 7 in the morning 10 cars in front went right in.trolled for crappie no love everything on the fish finder was at around fifty feet. anchored down with fresh mackie in less than 10 minutes giant run.we netted him weighing in at 10.2 pounds. next pontoons rod hits -we weigh him in at 11.8.caught 2 more moved on. found alot of nice coves ,like fishing in a aquarium-vw sizes boulders and underwater and on top trees.caught more cats.drove around the whole lake and did a recon.found were the crappie are and will also target them next time on bait and wait.its a large lake -baSS ANGELERS WERE VERY POLITE AND STAFF MEMBERS AS WELL.THE LADIES AT THE GATE WERE REAL COOL.IT WAS LIKE GOING TO DISNEYLAND.WE WILL BE BACK OCT THE 9-CANT WAIT.THANX PONTOON FOR THE GOOD TIMES.NEXT TIME IL GET US SOME WATERMELON AT THE STAND DOWN THE ROAD FROM THE LAKE AND GET SOME FRESH EGGS ON THE WEIGH HOME.THANX FOR READING EVERYBODY AND THE GOOD WORDS.THE LAUNCH RANP CAN HOLD LIKE 60 BOATS REALNICE

Great to hear the report on the cats. I am getting ready to hit up DVL for blues this winter along with San Vee. How have You two been? I haven't heard much from You since Brian's web went dead. I saw your post on getting fresh macks the other day, were you two the only people trying for cats?

Jon

Thanx for the reply-only saw one boat fishing for cats but they were catching crappie and no cats.we have fished big bear.isabella,castiac,dvl,colorado river and the surf since irvine closed-so much so little time-we both work 5 days a week-tight lines

Dang didnt know even SV was going to open, heck never thought id see the day you guys be fish any place other than the vine, good to hear of the two of you guys,, been out of the local loop these days, pretty much keep n track of the river these days,,, might just bring the ol north river home for some fish n in the rain should be some 100 pound blues running around that lake,,, them bass guys go home in the rain LOL
    Last edited by riverbud55; 09-26-2016 at 09:19 AM.

thnx for the report from
    down at the lake.....

cm

WTG Team Trolltoon, the kittys at the Vine are safe for now...I just feel bad for the rest of the fish now!

I'll see you soon brotha!

TD

Thanks for the report, a couple years ago I was working on the dam extension and I saw some YUUUUUGE cats down there, glad you got out there and got some! That ramp is super nice, finally this great lake is back open to the public. It's gonna be real giant when it reaches it's new full pool, over 160 vertical feet over the previous spillway.

Are 2-stroke motors allowed at this lake?
    thanks.