Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Prado Lake

Default Prado Lake

Has anybody been to Prado lately or have any idea about the lake conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by grandpagary View Post
    Has anybody been to Prado lately or have any idea about the lake conditions?
    fished out here last week in my boat for bass and got nothing. water temps is 86 degrees and weeds are almost all the way to the surface on the entire lake. fished it hard for 4 hrs and got nothing. Spent most of the time getting weeds out of my trolling motor prop. Id say it'll be til october when the bass bite starts up.

Ok, I think I'll wait a while. Thanks for the inf

Didn't they almost drain the lake a short time ago? I wonder just how many catchable-sized bass there are in the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Didn't they almost drain the lake a short time ago? I wonder just how many catchable-sized bass there are in the lake?
    A little while after they drained and restocked it I caught two 3lbers and a 5 lber. However the bite has slowed down considerably.

I was out 3 weeks ago on my boat.....caught a 4lb cat and a 10 lb cat.....no bass that day....both fish caught on a marshmallow and garlic scented mix with a dab of fish scent.