Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: was the moon landing real?

Default was the moon landing real?

i am listening to the podcast of rogan and degrasse on whether the moon landing was real back in '69.

at issue, did the landing actually happen and do some of the pics on the moon prove or disprove that the event happened.

the fact was brought up that all pics from the moon landing show no stars or very minimal stars in the sky (the background is dark and maybe there shows a few specks of light?).

degrasse states people don't know photography 101 and when you take a picture of a bright object, the lesser illuminated objects in the pic gets blown out? that the surrounding reflective light, specifically everything of lesser illumination with not show up in the photo so well.

i of course agree.

my question is...

oh but first...

a fact about me, when i am outside at night, i almost always look to the sky to see the stars... I peek up to see if and how much of the night sky will give up that incredible showing of stars. really... who among us (fishermen and fisherwomen) don't do that? not many i would think...

now the question...

if most people who fish do this (gaze into the night sky for the show)... why wouldn't an astronaut who is probably obsessed with the stars not look up in awe and gaze into the star show from the moon? i mean, there's no atmosphere to mess with and the show would be spectacular, would it not?

who wouldn't try to snap a picture of that night sky from the moon? i guess neil armstrong... no?

maybe they only had one of these when apollo 11 took off? u know, weight requirements and all?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	85188.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	49075

i could also be wrong about all of this. maybe cameras back then couldn't take such a detailed picture?

that shot wouldn't have worked no matter what?

i have taken a lot of pictures but, i've never taken a shot (picture) of anything from the moon. and could it be the stars wouldn't have shown up anyway...?

maybe armstrong did try and they just didn't turn out?

i really don't know...

(but i would have tried and i'd still have those pics whether it worked or not. (i have a lot of chitty bang bang 4x5's stowed away in my photo box somewhere, guess that dates my as's ).

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post

i am listening to the podcast of rogan and degrasse on whether the moon landing was real back in '69.

at issue, did the landing actually happen and do some of the pics on the moon prove or disprove that the event happened.

the fact was brought up that all pics from the moon landing show no stars or very minimal stars in the sky (the background is dark and maybe there shows a few specks of light?).

degrasse states people don't know photography 101 and when you take a picture of a bright object, the lesser illuminated objects in the pic gets blown out? that the surrounding reflective light, specifically everything of lesser illumination with not show up in the photo so well.

i of course agree.

my question is...

oh but first...

a fact about me, when i am outside at night, i almost always look to the sky to see the stars... I peek up to see if and how much of the night sky will give up that incredible showing of stars. really... who among us (fishermen and fisherwomen) don't do that? not many i would think...

now the question...

if most people who fish do this (gaze into the night sky for the show)... why wouldn't an astronaut who is probably obsessed with the stars not look up in awe and gaze into the star show from the moon? i mean, there's no atmosphere to mess with and the show would be spectacular, would it not?

who wouldn't try to snap a picture of that night sky from the moon? i guess neil armstrong... no?

maybe they only had one of these when apollo 11 took off? u know, weight requirements and all?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	85188.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	49075

i could also be wrong about all of this. maybe cameras back then couldn't take such a detailed picture?

that shot wouldn't have worked no matter what?

i have taken a lot of pictures but, i've never taken a shot (picture) of anything from the moon. and could it be the stars wouldn't have shown up anyway...?

maybe armstrong did try and they just didn't turn out?

i really don't know...

(but i would have tried and i'd still have those pics whether it worked or not. (i have a lot of chitty bang bang 4x5's stowed away in my photo box somewhere, guess that dates my as's ).

The same people who don't think the moon landings were real, don't believe in a lot of other things normal people take for granted that are a fact. I'll bet but I don't have any numbers to back me up. (like I do for "VOTER FRAUD" which is not a real problem) That the same people who don't believe the Moon landings were real, also believe Climate Change made by man is a Hoax!!!!!! I don't have any facts to back me up, "but I just know it's true!!!!" (Damn I sound like a Republican!!!) Take me out and shoot me!!!! Like they do in those "Zombie movies" after they get bitten by another Zombie. Don't forget to burn the body too!!!!! lol lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    The same people who don't think the moon landings were real, don't believe in a lot of other things normal people take for granted that are a fact. I'll bet but I don't have any numbers to back me up. (like I do for "VOTER FRAUD" which is not a real problem) That the same people who don't believe the Moon landings were real, also believe Climate Change made by man is a Hoax!!!!!! I don't have any facts to back me up, "but I just know it's true!!!!" (Damn I sound like a Republican!!!) Take me out and shoot me!!!! Like they do in those "Zombie movies" after they get bitten by another Zombie. Don't forget to burn the body too!!!!! lol lol lol

believe me, i'm not saying the moon shot didn't happen. i remember walking out of my grandma's house after watching it on tv, looking up and thinking wow, there's a man walking on the moon right now!

but when listening to the podcast, and degrasse brought up photo 101, that reverse? back light issue came to mind.

can you address that?

what do you know about taking photos from the moon? you seem so well versed in all that you do! "expert tucker" as you're known in my circles... hehe haha... jk...

this country is getting so corrupt. i think we have to believe that some crappie is going on with voter fraud. i think they're fooling you...

them: "it's just a conspiracy theory... don't believe everything you read or hear... what are you? some sort of fool?"

puck: "oh no, i'm no fool! that's right! no voter fraud exists! i have no proof but that's what i choose to believe!, yeahhhh...."

i know when you fart it changes the climate in the room, so i don't doubt for a minute on climate change...

so... whatdya think of the recent (3) attacks on US soil?

believe me, i'm not saying the moon shot didn't happen. i remember walking out of my grandma's house after watching it on tv, looking up and thinking wow, there's a man walking on the moon right now!

but when listening to the podcast, and degrasse brought up photo 101, that reverse? back light issue came to mind.

can you address that?

what do you know about taking photos from the moon? you seem so well versed in all that you do! "expert tucker" as you're known in my circles... hehe haha... jk...

this country is getting so corrupt. i think we have to believe that some crappie is going on with voter fraud. i think they're fooling you...

them: "it's just a conspiracy theory... don't believe everything you read or hear... what are you? some sort of fool?"

puck: "oh no, i'm no fool! that's right! no voter fraud exists! i have no proof but that's what i choose to believe!, yeahhhh...."

i know when you fart it changes the climate in the room, so i don't doubt for a minute on climate change...

so... whatdya think of the recent (3) attacks on US soil?

So many issues!!! lol

I've seen so many programs including Myth Buster's bust all the Moon Conspiracy theory's right out the door!!!! The biggest buster's if we really didn't go to the Moon would have been the Russians. If we really hadn't gone they would have brought it up and then gone to the Moon themselves. (the Russians didn't say boo!!!!) Because they knew we went!!! When it comes to the technical point of the stars, I remember them giving this great scientific explanation on how and why it would appear that way. I don't want to quote them wrong but they convinced me beyond a shadow of doubt. The jiggling (waving American Flag is another one conspiracy theorist love to point too) Same thing, another totally logical explanation, that even with no wind on the moon the flag by vibration appears to wave.

My favorite is Voter ID laws. BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!! The facts are in, a study done by the University here in San Diego, looked at 1 Billion votes cast over a 15 year period and found 31 confirmed cases of Voter Fraud!!!!!! Do you know what percentage that is of fraudulent voting. They probably had more homeless people weeing on ballots, then people casting fake votes. Let's not even talk about what the Supreme Court found in the State of North Carolina Voter ID LAWS. They went after the Negro vote with pinpoint accuracy to keep them out of the voting booths!!!!

On the Attacks on US soil. Welcome to the club, 25 years ago a police officer told me who was trained in terrorist attacks. Said only be shear luck the US hasn't suffered terrorist attacks like the rest of Europe and beyond. Our Luck has obviously run out!!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-19-2016 at 05:09 PM.

do you think that when someone claims voter fraud, they're actually speaking of these in totality?:

Electoral
    fraud, election manipulation , or vote rigging is illegal interference with the process of an election. Acts of fraud affect vote counts to bring about an election result, whether by increasing the vote share of the favored candidate, depressing the vote share of the rival candidates, or both.

and

not so much that someone has 2 or more id's and is voting multiple times? that's just laughable if you're thinking that anyone is really speaking of a bunch of people voting many many times to change an election outcome... what does that ratio of extra votes add up to? not much i'm sure... so fraud claimers can't really be talking about that, right?

maybe the squeaky wheel is bunching fraud altogether and needs to be more specific, but then what the hell do i know?

are there any stats on these the other 2 types of fraud (election manipulation , or vote rigging) and how they come up with the numbers or even if they can?

i've heard that some polling places hid votes? (like in their attic ? or the hall closet?)

do you think that when someone claims voter fraud, they're actually speaking of these in totality?:

Electoral
    fraud, election manipulation , or vote rigging is illegal interference with the process of an election. Acts of fraud affect vote counts to bring about an election result, whether by increasing the vote share of the favored candidate, depressing the vote share of the rival candidates, or both.

and

not so much that someone has 2 or more id's and is voting multiple times? that's just laughable if you're thinking that anyone is really speaking of a bunch of people voting many many times to change an election outcome... what does that ratio of extra votes add up to? not much i'm sure... so fraud claimers can't really be talking about that, right?

maybe the squeaky wheel is bunching fraud altogether and needs to be more specific, but then what the hell do i know?

are there any stats on these the other 2 types of fraud (election manipulation , or vote rigging) and how they come up with the numbers or even if they can?

i've heard that some polling places hid votes? (like in their attic ? or the hall closet?)

The original voter fraud was on a massive level run by Machines. (no not the terminator kind) Political machines in some of the larger city's. New York City & Chicago were some of the most notorious but there were other's too. I'm sure most of you have heard of Daly running a Chicago machine for decades. That was REAL voter fraud!!!!! Voter ID laws don't go after the massive machine kind of fraud but voter impersonation. (which has never been a real problem!!!!) Voter ID laws are merely an excuse to bring back Jim Crow kinda laws and go after the minority voter while pretending to catch fraudulent voting. (which it does not!!!!)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-19-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Post a report or shut up. Go fishing, go meet a girl. Do something guys, is it me? It must be, shut the f up both of you. Please, for a couple of days. As a favor to this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssortasober View Post
    Post a report or shut up. Go fishing, go meet a girl. Do something guys, is it me? It must be, shut the f up both of you. Please, for a couple of days. As a favor to this site.
    I was planning on going fishing Wed to the Channel Islands!!!!! If it's turns out to be ANY good, "I'll write a full report!!!!" (By the way when was the last time you wrote a report on anything???????)

PS. We are in the GD section not bothering anyone else's report!!!! So I'll give you the famous censorship defense. If it bother's you sooooo much to read what we write about in the GD section. Don't open up that section and read something that's going to hurt your eyes!!!!! lol

PPS. I take it we struck a nerve with you some where????? Do you resemble something we wrote about???????

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    The original voter fraud was on a massive level run by Machines. (no not the terminator kind) Political machines in some of the larger city's. New York City & Chicago were some of the most notorious but there were other's too. I'm sure most of you heard of Daly running a Chicago machine for decades. That was REAL voter fraud!!!!! Voter ID laws don't go after the massive machine kind of fraud but voter impersonation. (which has never been a real problem!!!!) Voter ID laws are merely an excuse to bring back Jim Crow kinda laws and go after the minority voter while pretending to catch fraudulent voting. (which it does not!!!!)

so then it isn't the voter fraud of yesterday... we know it's not a terminator ... maybe they haven't caught the fraud yet?? maybe it's a hacked computer we don't know about... or are the votes counted by price waterhouse, one by one?

shhesh... did i really need to respond to THAT!?

and, it isn't the few out of a billion votes examined... lol

how about polling booths hiding one candidates votes during the counting?

sure one was caught, but how many aren't?

who counts the ballot box in local communities anyways?

how about vote buying?

how about standing outside the polling booths and attempting to sway a voter?

you seem to claim voter suppression but both sides can do that, right? and really, if you gotta worry that you're being suppressed... why are you worried about be suppressed? Hmmmm?

(how about we can't properly vet immigrants coming into the US? )

(what kind of vetting priority is placed on someone voting without valid id (thus not really able to vote?))

(i see a ton of people standing at the dmv getting licenses and i wonder; is he or she really documented? )

(all these people have valid documentation? really? )

(and collect the government dole, are their documents real?)

(how about our fellow countrymen figuring out ways to skirt the system?)

i'm rambling... so, i'll stop.

the system is corrupt and getting worse... isn't that a fact now a days?

so when someone says there's no fraud in the election process... i call BULL SHEET!

am i wrong?

btw, mythbusters? LOL!

was keith carradine on as well?

tv puck tv.... maybe if Sir David Attenborough spoke on this issue...

it'd have validity...

(rogan is ok, degrasse is a pretty smart fella)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast