Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: New to forums

Default New to forums

Hello everyone, Just joined FNN, and just returned to fishing after 20 year hiatus. I am, or was, a pan fish fisherman. Where have all the bluegill gone. I mostly fish from the shore/dock. not having much luck this late in the year. Been to Perris, Skinner, Silverwood,( I live in the High Desert), and so far it's a skunk. Thinking of trying Prado or Puddingstone, haven't fished there in about 45 years. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Welcome grandpagary! I too am a pan fisherman, and a Grandpa. I'll have to take you out in a boat at Perris this next Spring. I'll show you how to catch some very nice Bluegill and Redears. (But the big ones get released!) They are biting now, if you know where to go, but I can't go at this time.
    Might be nice to fish together.

That sounds good to me. I was out to Perris today. Fishing from shore, fighting weeds. But I did get one bluegill about a pound. Lost two through the weeds. Still a great day.

Yeah Gary, the weeds are a problem, especially in shallow water, 15 ft or less. As the water temps cool down for the fall and winter, the water plants die off and almost disappear. But so does the fishing. You can still catch fish, but it slows way down. Where were you fishing?