Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: What's Up at DVL???

Default What's Up at DVL???

No posts for over a month and a half Did the lake DIE

YFP

It costs too d**m much to fish DVL anymore. Their prices have gotten ridiculous...even charge to put on a reentry tag. It's the only place I've ever been charged for that! Another MWD bend over!

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    It costs too d**m much to fish DVL anymore. Their prices have gotten ridiculous...even charge to put on a reentry tag. It's the only place I've ever been charged for that! Another MWD bend over!
    I never heard of that before Since when did they start charging for the reentry sticker-tag It's been a long time since I have been there as I have been fishing the lower river lakes in the Yuma area, but the drive and also the snow-birds are starting to come into the area. How much do they charge now and for what These new prices , are they related to the reopening this past summer
    Thanks
    YFP

To launch, park and fish (2 anglers) the cost is $36! Exactly twice as much as Perris. In spite of this, it's been my go to destination since it opened due to the lack of infestation by idiots. On two occasions last summer I got stuck on Perris due to ramp traffic and didn't get off the water until after 11pm! My buddy hit Perris last weekend and a ranger told him that the last boat hit the ramp at 1am, but it was because a vehicle broke down blocking two lanes (see previous "idiot" reference). Yesterday I launched at 12:30 and was off at 5:50 and was the last and only boat on the ramp when loading. I guess I'll pay the $36 to avoid the stupidity.

As for fishing, it's been all over the board for me. I was on a bi+chin crankbait bite not long ago and that has seemed to wear off. Tried to find a deeper pattern but I'm not a very good deep fishing fisherman. Buddy picked up a pig on a senko shallow yesterday, but there doesn't seem to be any consistency to that. There is a ton of bait fish and somewhere in the vicinity of oh....about a BILLION juvinile bass in the water. At the end of the day yesterday I went 12 for 15 casts on a jerk bait over a certain hump in hopes that I'd find a decent one. Alas, all rats.

One thing is for sure (besides the current algae bloom): the lake is crazy healthy and next spring should be poppin.
    Last edited by Baja1ab; 09-18-2016 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja1ab View Post
    To launch, park and fish (2 anglers) the cost is $36! Exactly twice as much as Perris. In spite of this, it's been my go to destination since it opened due to the lack of infestation by idiots. On two occasions last summer I got stuck on Perris due to ramp traffic and didn't get off the water until after 11pm! My buddy hit Perris last weekend and a ranger told him that the last boat hit the ramp at 1am, but it was because a vehicle broke down blocking two lanes (see previous "idiot" reference). Yesterday I launched at 12:30 and was off at 5:50 and was the last and only boat on the ramp when loading. I guess I'll pay the $36 to avoid the stupidity.

As for fishing, it's been all over the board for me. I was on a bi+chin crankbait bite not long ago and that has seemed to wear off. Tried to find a deeper pattern but I'm not a very good deep fishing fisherman. Buddy picked up a pig on a senko shallow yesterday, but there doesn't seem to be any consistency to that. There is a ton of bait fish and somewhere in the vicinity of oh....about a BILLION juvinile bass in the water. At the end of the day yesterday I went 12 for 15 casts on a jerk bait over a certain hump in hopes that I'd find a decent one. Alas, all rats.

One thing is for sure (besides the current algae bloom): the lake is crazy healthy and next spring should be poppin.
    Baja u must be my long lost twin. I have all but given up at perris on weekends because of the lake lice. I suppose you could go at opening on the weekend and get off by 1000 a.m. or so to beat the water parade. Waiting till winter to head back to perris unless I can go during the week. Weekdays are real nice, but unfortunately I'm a working stiff and can't get out then.

As for DVL....if I fish alone in my boats it's $30.00. I used to buy year passes, but they are out of my league now. I believe they are $450 plus you still got to pay the $6.00 fishing fee and I believe the $2.00 banding fee even with the year pass. Plus it used to be an extra $25 on top of the year pass if u wanted shore fishing access tacked on to the year pass. You'd be lucky to leave with your shirt and wallet. Plus I like to fish in the evenings and the place closes about the time the sun goes anywhere near the horizon and it's closed Monday and tuesdays.
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 09-19-2016 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja1ab View Post

don't waste your time on a deep bite, there is no oxygen below 30-33'.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    Now you tell me, Kwin. Last time I was out there I was fishing for catfish in 4o feet of water...ughh.

So with that in mind nothing, not even the big whiskered uglies, will be below 33 feet of water unless they are on a suicide mission??

I may hit a little shore session early morning...topwater, swimbaits, senkos, ikas...should be enough flooded bushes around, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ddoskocil View Post
    I may hit a little shore session early morning...topwater, swimbaits, senkos, ikas...should be enough flooded bushes around, right?
    Oh yah, with the amount full grown trees now submerged you will be throwing into a forest any shoreline you fish.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    See, I thought the same thing. I'd heard from some departing tourney participants that the larger fish that were caught that day were had in 50-55'. The thermocline is much shallower so it didn't make much sense. Thanks for confirming.
    Last edited by Baja1ab; 09-20-2016 at 10:37 PM.