Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Optimum Baits/Lucky Craft

Default Optimum Baits/Lucky Craft

Been watching a few videos featuring either Optimum or Lucky Craft swimbaits/lures. Anyone here use these? How do you like/use them?
    Might pick a few up myself if theyre worth it! I usually fish in Newport Beach(harbor,jetty,bay)

Thanks in advance for any info!

I think lots of guys here use Lucky Craft lures. In fact, it was bsp's Halibut Tutorial here that introduced me to Lucky Craft lures and I've been using the Flash Minnow 100SP to much success. I was leery of spending almost twenty bucks on a friggin lure but I have to say that the look and action of the lure are unsurpassed and it has caught a lot of fish for me.

The flash minnows don't just wiggle, they also have a rolling action that mimics a wounded bait fish and the metal balls inside and both click and roll around giving action. The lure tends to quiver a bit, even when you stop retrieving. Highly recommended.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Did you buy online or through a carrier?

Lucky Craft lures are definitely on the $ pricey side but they have also been proven to be extremely effective in the suds.
    I've caught up to as many as 3 legal Hali's in one session using the LC's. They will catch just about anything in the surf.

One of the main things that I had learned while retrieving a LC lure is not to retrieve it too quickly ... I guess this could be said about most lures,
    that on retrieval the treble hooks pretty much stay stationary due to their friction and their drag in the water ...
    it's the body of the LC that does all the moving action, the faster you retrieve it ... the more it will rock the body back-and-forth, making more hook to body contact.

When you start to notice that the paint is being removed on the belly and or sides of your lure ... slow your retrieve down.
    You will need to go thru a few lures to figure out the proper retrieval speed for your reel, which will also keep your lures looking fresh longer.

Yes ... there are many excellent lures on the market for less $ .... but Lucky Craft has proven it's self to me and this is the one that I will always go to.

Thanx for inquiring and I hope that my was a little helpful.

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 09-16-2016 at 10:30 AM.

http://stores.ebay.com/I-Love-Hard-B...0166761&_rdc=1

By (3) or more and get free shipping.

SP Dan <"))><