Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 6 pack to Catalina 9-9

Default 6 pack to Catalina 9-9

I took a 6 pack on the Chubasco 3. Good crew, good boat, good company ... can not ask for more. Left the harbor at 0530 and picked up some medium sized dines. Arrived at Catalina around 0800 to calm waters and water temperature of 69 degrees.

Flylined sardines and started off picking up bass. We moved North along the island and found more bass and bonito. We finally settled near some cliffs and enjoyed good bonito action, mixed in with bass, and some yellows.

My Okuma Andros gave me a wicked backlash when the bite was getting good. Thankfully Capt Daryl lends me his Daiwa 400HD. I end up scoring huge bones left and right and a 10 lb yellow. Lost some good bites to. Did some bottom stuff and snagged some whitefish as well. Ended the day with limits of bones, two decent yellows, several smaller grade yellows, and some legal bass. Now I am sold on the Daiwa 400HD. I felt like I had Excalibur.

I can not say enough about Daryl and his assistant for the day, Scott. Worth every penny.

Sorry the picture looks deceiving. No banana for scale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160909_143805.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	49023  

Nice job getting some time on the water.
    Did you get the birds next taken care of?
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Nice job getting some time on the water.
    Did you get the birds next taken care of?
    Robert
    <><
    Finally got it taken care of once home. Now I am committed to getting that rod and reel setup.