Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Commander In Chief Forum

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Did you read your own link and understand what it said??????? The Secretary of Defense is there only to verify the President is the President. The link said, "The Secretary of Defense has no legal authority to veto the President decision.'

Are you talking about Haig when President Reagan was shot and who was next in command for the Presidency. It that was the case, what does that have anything to do with the President and launching a nuclear strike at somebody???????
    Your horse is dead, no one person can do a nuclear strike, period...get off the talking points. Better still get back on them, if Trump can so can Hilliar. Now would you rather have a old *** smelly depends wearing cow with the codes ? I'm sure you know a few women hopefully, would you want them/her with the football ?
    Think panty shields with deodorant, smelly funky pissy old cow, tinkle tinkle with your so called codes.
    Come on man, stop self loathing, I give you permission to be a white man, you can have an opinion without being called racist, I just want you folks to get out there and get my money so my black *** can stay paid.
    No one person can order a nuclear strike, period...now I'm going to bed, bacon wrapped dogs have me fat and happy, get some rest and stop biting on the propaganda.
    Cheers....

Quote Originally Posted by Theos View Post
    With all due respect no he can't.

http://www.popsci.com/does-president...-nuclear-codes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Codes

Nice try though, it fits the cankled one's talking points to a T....
    I'll put this to rest after 1 more comment. Your own link say's the President has almost sole authority to launch a nuclear strike. (when your own link won't support your point) You're dead in the water!!!! That's why electing Trump is such a foolish idea!!!

some people are worried about liar cliton taking their guns (maybe the bullets... it's easier to run a gun owner out of ammo than to take a gun from someone who doesn't want to give it up (think of the black market on bullets when we run out!)).

some are worried about trump the rump dropping nuclear bombs (maybe multiple warheads... it's easy, now, to see who's really paranoid).

really? he touts about "bombing the sheet outta them..." what do you think bush, ol' man cliton and dumbama did to a whole bunch of people?

i doubt the donald'll drop a nuclear weapon on anyone unless the bad guys happen to strike somewhere first... then it'd be a mandatory second strike... si o no?

incidentally, i'll take a rich, off the cuff, businessman who can learn...

over a scheming, lying, world diplomat whose top google search of "hillary's successes" came up with these:

7 of Hillary Clinton's biggest accomplishments

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/post/...complishments/

i'll let someone else find her failures... oh wait someone did already... !

btw, which way is that teeter tottering anyways? lol

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 09-09-2016 at 07:30 AM.

I'll put this to rest after 1 more comment. Your own link say's the President has almost sole authority to launch a nuclear strike. (when your own link won't support your point) You're dead in the water!!!! That's why electing Trump is such a foolish idea!!!
    Sole authority after he is backed up by the rest of the chain of command, sole authority to say yes or no, not sole authority if no one else agrees.

The two man rule...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...mand_Authority

"While the President does have unilateral authority as commander-in-chief to order that nuclear weapons be used for any reason at any time, the actual procedures and technical systems in place for authorizing the execution of a launch order requires a secondary confirmation under a two-man rule, as the President's order is subject to secondary confirmation by the Secretary of Defense. If the Secretary of Defense does not concur, then the President may in his sole discretion fire the Secretary. The Secretary of Defense has legal authority to approve the order, but cannot veto it".

"In the event whereby the Secretary of Defense refuses to second the order and is removed from office, the Deputy Secretary of Defense would then assume the office of Acting Secretary of Defense in accordance with the Secretarial order of succession. An Acting Secretary would, likely, face the same test: to countersign the Presidential order or be relieved from office. This potential cycling of Acting Secretaries of Defense could be reminiscent of the so-called "Saturday Night Massacre" at the Department of Justice in 1973. (However, the Vice President and a majority of the heads of the Executive Departments could invoke section 4 of the Twenty-fifth amendment to the Constitution and have the President declared incapacitated. The Vice President would then become Acting President until the President submits a declaration to the Speaker of the House and the President pro tempore of the Senate that affirms his ability to discharge his duties".

AGAIN NO ONE PERSON CAN FIRE THE NUKES.......

Quote Originally Posted by Theos View Post
    Sole authority after he is backed up by the rest of the chain of command, sole authority to say yes or no, not sole authority if no one else agrees.
    Did you ever hear the story about Robert Bork!!!!!!! When Nixon ordered the Attorney General to fire the special prosecutor who was to investigate Watergate. (he found someone to do it) My point is, the Secretary of Defense can only SLOW down the President. (if he chooses too) Remember he was hand picked by the President!!!!!!! Do you really think Trump would hire disloyal subordinates???? Where were you when he came up with his famous catch phrase, "YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!"

This is WHY voting for Trump is as-sine!!!!!!

While we are on the subject, let's talk about his WAR CRIMINAL actions he will do as Commander in Chief.

1. Enhanced interrogation for Terrorists. (aka torture) Clearly against the Geneva convention.

2. Going after the family's of suspected Terrorists. Going after noncombatants!!!! Is he insane???? (Maybe)

3. Seizing the Oil of Iraqi to pay for the occupation!!!!! (clearly theft of a country's resources)

Remember I'm not making this stuff up!!!!! He clearly said, "All of these things."

Go ahead and VOTE for a crazy man with his finger on the nuclear trigger!!!! So far no one has convinced me he couldn't launch a nuclear strike at somebody on a wim!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-09-2016 at 02:25 PM.

[QUOTE=Theos;782654]The two man rule...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...mand_Authority

"While the President does have unilateral authority as commander-in-chief to order that nuclear weapons be used for any reason at any time, the actual procedures and technical systems in place for authorizing the execution of a launch order requires a secondary confirmation under a two-man rule, as the President's order is subject to secondary confirmation by the Secretary of Defense. If the Secretary of Defense does not concur, then the President may in his sole discretion fire the Secretary. The Secretary of Defense has legal authority to approve the order, but cannot veto it".

"In the event whereby the Secretary of Defense refuses to second the order and is removed from office, the Deputy Secretary of Defense would then assume the office of Acting Secretary of Defense in accordance with the Secretarial order of succession. An Acting Secretary would, likely, face the same test: to countersign the Presidential order or be relieved from office. This potential cycling of Acting Secretaries of Defense could be reminiscent of the so-called "Saturday Night Massacre" at the Department of Justice in 1973. (However, the Vice President and a majority of the heads of the Executive Departments could invoke section 4 of the Twenty-fifth amendment to the Constitution and have the President declared incapacitated. The Vice President would then become Acting President until the President submits a declaration to the Speaker of the House and the President pro tempore of the Senate that affirms his ability to discharge his duties".

AGAIN NO ONE PERSON CAN FIRE THE NUKES.......[/QUOTE/}

So your counting on Trump's "HAND PICKED CRONY" (Secretary of Defense) to save the world from Nuclear destruction!!!!!!!

Would you at least admit, "If Trump and his hand picked crony" (Secretary of Defense) wanted to nuke North Korea. Those 2 people alone could do it???????????????????
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-09-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234