Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: S.W.A.T ToadsToadsonly Bluefin Massacare DD P.B Bluefin for my crew 1 and done

Default S.W.A.T ToadsToadsonly Bluefin Massacare DD P.B Bluefin for my crew 1 and done

"If you think you are pulling hard, put your fanny packs away and PULL HARDER!!!"

The past month and a half or so my time on the water has been limited and had a window to head out the weekend prior to Labor Day, I had to make sure I capitalize on the biting fish. We had a dent prop which we replaced with a prop my buddy gave me only to realize in the A.M it was a reverse prop. After showing up to Dana Point and scrambling to find the right prop 2 West Marines later the new prop was installed. We got to the launch at 3 am and launched at 10:45 A.M I got a scoop and headed to the Island. About 2:30 P.M we arrive at the location and set up on a perfect drift between the Tribune and the New Lo Ann. Making sure we were courteous to give them their distance.

Alan L. got the first hookup and it was mayhem after that. We set on the perfect drift and plunked away at the big brutes on 30lb line for the next 4 hours. By that time all our bait rolled in the sloppy weather and we were done.

Tip of the Day: These big brutes like to sit in the thermocline where the water is cool and oxygenated they will sit there for hours if you let them. If you let them get comfortable your chances of landing the fish is slim. Never let the fish rest or you will be in for a long battle which you will most likely lose. If you think you are pulling hard on these fish PULL HARDER.

30lb flouro

Size 2 hooks

Flyline and 1 oz rubber core

Until Next Time

Go Big Or Go Home

Toadstoadsonly

Nice catches bro. I agree with the PULL HARDER! And please leave the bass rods at home...

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Nice catches bro. I agree with the PULL HARDER! And please leave the bass rods at home...
    I agree with the bass rod thing, by buddies brought out that stuff and I helped finish the battle and it was not fun. You need something with a backbone.

Always an adventure with you J. I was sore for a week. Thanks for the extra muscle. Definitely needed your help.

.whats the ceiling of the thermocline john...........i know were it is in the freshwater ,i am curious about out in the saltwater......nice tuna.........

Nice tunas Bro.
    I'm 0-5 but will try again next week.
    Have a good one.
    Robert
    <><

To see where the thermocline is located, turn your gain up almost all the way on your meter. You will see the line plain as day.

Thumbs up

Jonathan, you're a total Badass bro...
    Heading out with Jeff tomorrow to see what we can scratch up.
    I got a Fujinon 14x40 Bino on the way...

thermocline at piru was at around
    12 to 15 teen ft go figure...

nice fish you guys,,,,

cm

Quote Originally Posted by smooshsh View Post
    Always an adventure with you J. I was sore for a week. Thanks for the extra muscle. Definitely needed your help.
    I'm glad we were able to get you on some fish Alan, these fish are something else they are so strong. I had to re up all of my gear and techniques this year in order to land these slugs. Its always nice getting out on the water with you.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    .whats the ceiling of the thermocline john...........i know were it is in the freshwater ,i am curious about out in the saltwater......nice tuna.........
    Generally they sit between the 40-60' range.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Jonathan, you're a total Badass bro...
    Heading out with Jeff tomorrow to see what we can scratch up.
    I got a Fujinon 14x40 Bino on the way...
    Thanks Arthur, Hope you guys got them. Those Fujinon Stabi's will change your fishing life, they sure did for me.