Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Pudd creek?

Default Pudd creek?

In the campground cove on the north side there is a small creek that leads to the wash that i guess comes down from the mountains..my question is has anyone caught any fish in it? Looks like some bass or sunfish could swim up it ..just curious

Ive caught a few bass near the mouth.. But I have seen HUGE carp in there.

At one time that creek would wash in a lot of bait, worms and stuff that the cats and carp would feed on in the cove after a good rain. Would do good with a glob of red worms years ago, don't know about now days.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    At one time that creek would wash in a lot of bait, worms and stuff that the cats and carp would feed on in the cove after a good rain. Would do good with a glob of red worms years ago, don't know about now days.
    Thanks for the replies..always get a kick out of catching fish out of narrow waters..we enjoyed catching catfish out of the canals from the aqueduct in Bakersfield back in the the day and the streams at my brothers in Colorado

Ive seen fish (carp, bass, bluegill/redear) in there, but have never fished it. 80% of the time its usually stagnant and sometimes filled with debris. Usually a good hard rain will clean it out. But yeah its fishable...

I have caught a few bass this year out of the Creek when the water was higher (it's a little low right now) you can see some of my catches on Facebook under Bass in The Hood also you can check the fishing blog on the website bassinthehood.com. PhillMC also has a YouTube channel that shows a few fish caught out of the creek.
    Good Luck.
    Last edited by CPT.Kirk; 09-24-2016 at 03:03 PM.