Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Bishop/Mammoth 9/1-9/2

Default Bishop/Mammoth 9/1-9/2

Went up to Bishop for the first time for a "fishing trip". Hiked to Grass Lake the first day and caught some brookies, the scenery felt like a postcard! The next morning we hit up Intake II and got skunked zero bites.....maybe I was in the wrong spot cause I saw people walk away with limits. After I fished the river near parchers for a goose egg. Also found out my waders have a leak and my iPhone took a bath in the river water.

I've never been to the Mammoth area, so we decided to check it out and grab lunch. Walked the town and drove by Twin Lakes. Since I couldn't just look at the lake, I grabbed my rods and fished the late afternoon. Ended up catching a limit when it was all said and done.

I definitely enjoyed my time up there scenery was awesome. Felt a little disappointed getting skunked in Bishop due to the hype I read but that's fishing. I cannot wait to go back especially hiking to the backcountry lakes.......doesn't get any better than that!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	48997   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	225 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	48998   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	201 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	48999   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	232 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	49000  

Yes, you definitely want to visit some of the backcountry. Mammoth has several spectacular lakes within a mile or two of the trailheads. Skelton Lake is gorgeous (brooks and rainbows), McCleod Lake (cutthroats C&R ONLY), Crystal Lake (small goldens), Sherwin Lakes (brooks, browns, bows). Lots to keep you busy.

John