Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 1960's music.

Default 1960's music.

Dug some up today, Jimi Hendrix, doors ect.. love that old stuff sure bought back some good old memories. I am 67 and don't really care for todays new stuff, that's just me I guess I must be stuck back in time. Any of you younger people like that older classic stuff or do ya think its weird. When I was a kid my dad always had Bing Crosby records playing on the HiFi in the living room, I didn't like it but it must have bought back good ole memories for him also.

I'm an "Oldies But Goodies" man ... true rock 'n' roll beginning with Eddie Cochran and Bill Haley and the Comets ... pretty much ended about 1960.

But, my CD player holds Bing, Frank, Nat, etc. ... Earth Wind and Fire + The Eagles, etc. Sorry to say the Jimmi Hendrix noise doesn't to it for me.

Folk Rock and Surfing music for me.

Here is a good place to hear um. http://8tracks.com/explore/surf_music

I'm 35 yrs old and while fishing I listen to a playlist of classic rock among other things. To me classic rock gets me going, makes me want to jump in my 86 mustang and do a fat burn out down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Folk Rock and Surfing music for me.
    Yes, I love the sound of the old "surf guitar." Here's my small collection of surf movie posters, hope you like it Dev.

John

Very nice indeed......I can dig it..