Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Squaw lake

Default Squaw lake

Wow, this is getting old, this is my second attempt at writing this post, I had just spent the past 30 minutes writing about my adventure and the screen went blank, now this is my second attempt.
    So how many of my fellow anglers have had this reoccurring nightmare; the one where you are excited about your next trip, and in your dream / nightmare, you arrive at your destination only to discover that you have failed to pack your rods or reels, , well I have had this night mare many times, I have even seen my friend Charlie get all the way to San Diego to get on a boat only to discover that he had left all his clothes, rods, and reels along with his tackle box in his garage - at home... Well my latest trip included some of this mess!
    I awoke at 03:00 was on the 10 by 05:00 , on my way to Yuma, I took a different route this time, the 86 to the 8, ended up in Yuma at 11:00, find Squaw lake only to realize that I knew where I was, there was the Imperial Dam!

Well I launched my boat, got to messing with my new Bimini top, to boat is really cluttered, As I tried to take a seat, I stumbled and took a nasty fall, right into the steering wheel. The right side of my chest hits with a sickening crunch! I try to jump up and shake it off, but no doing, getting a breath of air is done with real difficulty, and PAIN! It is right about now that I discover that even though I had made myself a list to pack, I failed to get the boxes of terminal tackle! **** - 6 hours from home, with what I believe at the time to be broken ribs, and believe me, if you have ever had the displeasure of braking ribs, you don't ever forget just what it feels like, as for me this is my 3rd time for the old ribs snapping!

So I end up going down river to the "Hidden Shores" pick up the only 4 weights available, a pack of swivels, and a cheep pack of hooks, again all that they had. I then go over to Andrews Lake, which I had fished before, I ended up catching and releasing 7 red ear, and that was a real task, casting with my right arm, with the right side ribs broken, I was in a whole lot of pain, I had packed my bug out bag that included Beef Jerky (2 pounds) 3 complete sets of clothes including an extra belt, which I tightened around my chest to ease the pain, I thought about taking a couple of Vicodin, but thought better of it, I did not want to be guilty of boating under the influence of Narcotics. I tried to lay down on the boat to rest, but with the pain, I finally gave up and loaded the boat and left at 22:00. I get on the 95 doing a breathtaking 50 miles per hour, I keep up this break neck speed all the way to Quartsite, on my way to Blythe, I get within a mile of the border, and Lights in my rear view mirror...
    I'm only going 45 at this moment, but to my horror, the speed limit has reduced from 65 - 35 miles an hour in less than 1 mile. I exclaimed to the Arizona Officer that I had just got a ticket in LA, well the officer lets me off with a warning... A WARNING! wow an I happy, he gives me a print out as the warning. I then drive for maybe another 100 miles, find that I can no longer take the pain and sleep deprivation, so I stop at a hotel and get a room, sleep from 02:00 till 05:00 when the alarm wakes me up. Then I sleep again until 11:00.
    I have decided to add another "Bug out Bag" for each of my boats, I will have one set of clothes, a fire starter, Razor sharp Knife, whistle, 8 pound fishing line, hooks, weights, 2 Pounds of Beef Jerky, pliers, para cord and a smaller first aid / medical box, a spare pair of glasses as well.
    Well I did cut my trip quite short, but all things considered, it was a good trip, not that I want to repeat it, but oh well life is what we make of it! The good, the bad and the down right ugly!

Write your reports on any word processor like Word. Keep saving it. When you are done, select all....copy and paste into a new post on the forum. Yeah....You really need a check list.

Success! Had a minor operation on my eye today, and I am happy to say that it was a success, I can now see pretty clear. Yesterday my boss sent me to the hospital, as I predicted they did nothing, gave me a script for Vicodin and an anti-inflammatory drug, I have 3 broken ribs, and now a sore right eye. Planning my next trip, which will most likely be Parris and the wood, found my long lost tackle and spot light so my next trip should go over much better! Planning on camping / sleeping in my tent, so no more cluttered boat to walk around on! Got my LLC documents / kit today, so the business is off and running at a pretty good clip. Once the Nutrition Label comes in I will be able to present a professional product to society. One very lucky FNN member took me up on my offer for a free sample this is what he wrote on the E-Mail to me - Sorry for the delayed response. I wanted to wait till we finished both packages.
    So here's the verdict.....
    "We loved it! I liked the hot the best while the wife and kids liked the black pepper. Definitely worth the extra cost of say a Jack Links or Oberto. We will be paying customers for sure!"

For the record, Mine is less expensive than my competitors, which cost $6.99 + tax for 3 ounces of processed meat, mine is $10.00 including tax, for 4 ounces of hand cut Angus beef - "Top Round Eye" to be precise... and for those who do not know, that is a quality cut of beef. My product is also fresh and refrigerated in the air tight vacuum sealed bags until delivery. Just started on 2 additional flavors, sweet orange, and sweet hot, to add to the original 2 flavors of black pepper and hot. I expect to be able to sell my product at farmers markets real soon, in the meantime I can be reached @ "DoubleD'sjerky@gmail".
    Cant wait for the next trips.
    It was really disappointing that I was not able to fish this last trip, too much pain casting and retrieving with the 3 right broken ribs...

it

We fished Squaw Lake 9/19. It was about 90 degrees, a little windy and overcast, great fishing weather. Got one LBM out of the lake, then hit the river for six or seven more including one small mouth. All told, their weight would not have added up to one keeper, but it was fun. Rain yesterday, stuff to do today, then back at them on Thursday.
    Daug, not sure how you get to Yuma, but I come out of the Inland Empire. Take the 10 to the 86 to the 111 to the 8. Then the 4th Ave off ramp to the 24 to Squaw Lake and Senators Wash.

Nice, thanks for the info! Been holed up since my last trip... Ribs are hurtin really good. Workin on the "Double D's Jerky" Startin a new business is a whole lot o work!
    Hope to get out there with you finally - shoot me a "PM" when you want to go... Got 2 river bass boats but only 1 truck!