Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: It's been awhile, but hello.

Default It's been awhile, but hello.

Well, it's been about 2 yrs or so since I've been here. Passed the California bar, got laid off, reconciled with my wife (twice), and took a year off to devote to the kids and church. Hardly fished at all during that time.

My wife asked me to go have some alone time this morning. What she meant was, "catch me some fresh fish."

Ok, got the gear dusted off and found out one of my favorite reels is broken. Got my back up and headed out to the AO. Minimal surf, but tons of weeds.

Fished for 1 hr and birds nested for about 45 min of that time. Guess I need practice. Found a spot that looked promising, made a cast and it all came back to me. That familiar thump and head shake...found me a legal. It took me into kelp and I dragged about 15 pounds of fish and salad. Fish was 24 inches and a keeper.

I am sorry for not being on at all during these past couple years guys. Truly. Fishing just didn't bring me joy anymore. I think I'll slowly get back into it though.

I missed you guys.

Skunked4life
    Last edited by skunked4life; 09-03-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Wow nice to Cya post a report again Ken : ) Great way to get yourself re-imitated bro - a 24" flatty!!!

Welcome back Ken. After that story all I can say is things gotta get better for sure.
    Nice flatty too!

I'm sure you meant it that way but don't devote yourself to the church, devote yourself to Christ. The church comes along with that. Just a pastor talking. PS. I love it when my wife tells me I ought to go fishing and she doesn't even care that much for eating fish.

Life is crazy... Glad ur back

a legal well deserved!!
    glad you were able to connect with your targeted species. looks like you'll be eating well :)

thanks for sharing!

Well .... it's about time you posted up something again! lol

Congrat's on your ... keeper.

What's this .... you don't care to fish anymore ... HUH!!
    Well ... that was pretty good beginners lucks then. ha ha ha

I'm still out there every Sat and Sun hitting it 5-8 hrs per session,
    maybe we'll run into one another in the salt Brotha. I look forward to hooking up again.

Thanx for the sharing,

SP Dan <"))><

Smile

Welcome back Ken... you were missed.
    Glad to hear things are back on track and your Faith is intact...
    Like I said before, if you need anything, give me a call...

Ken you lost me when you said you passed the bar. I can't pass a bar to save make arse. JK buddy. Good to see you back out with the sun shinning apon you.