Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Voting

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    And while you were a kid in the 1970's I was a 30 something adult with a family to support. I also grew up before the advent of taking mind altering drugs and unicorns and rainbows became popular. Totally different perspective on life between us and the world I would guess.
    There you go, talking down again.

You do understand that my vote counts just as much as yours?

Good Day, Sir!

John
    Last edited by John Harper; 09-07-2016 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Harper is scared to watch it
    Please don't give up you're day job, comedy is not your schtick.

I have read several reviews of the book, "Clinton Cash". The author is not exactly an "unbiased" reporter based on previous publications, and it appears there are quite a few factual errors, mentioned in all reviews. It's only about 250 pages, so I probably can find a couple hours to waste some afternoon. I always love a good conspiracy story. Seems like a thin book to carry such a big bang.

John
    Last edited by John Harper; 09-07-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Harper View Post
    There you go, talking down again.

You do understand that my vote counts just as much as yours?

Good Day, Sir!

John
    Actually my vote cancels out your vote.....Checkmate.....

John if you haven’t bailed I took the time to explore the original question of Student debt. My original answer of interest rate reduction and terms along with my original statement of choices people make seem to be a major factor in the debt issue.

I will post a few links for your review.

In looking at the links the average debt is just below $29,000 as an average. This does not seem to be a huge debt if you have a job. The average 6% interest and 10 year term could certainly be adjusted to assist in handling the debt.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0c66bae595a2c

Looking at another site I was surprised to see the top 10 Colleges for student debt lacking the names of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Stanford, Cal Tech and USC all known for very high tuition.

The 10 listed were mostly small private colleges with Liberal Arts Majors in the majority. Another interesting fact was the low number of students graduating in four years. Shocking because they were not majoring in quantum physics, engineering or medicine it was freaking liberal arts. Further shocking was how low the colleges generally rated, they were far from top tier. It defies common sense that someone would go to a college with a high tuition and take a major that affords low economic opportunity and then complain about the debt load. It’s all about the choices you make in life.

Click on any of these colleges and follow the numbers.

http://www.usnews.com/education/best...s-owe-the-most

John if you haven’t bailed I took the time to explore the original question of Student debt. My original answer of interest rate reduction and terms along with my original statement of choices people make seem to be a major factor in the debt issue.

I will post a few links for your review.

In looking at the links the average debt is just below $29,000 as an average. This does not seem to be a huge debt if you have a job. The average 6% interest and 10 year term could certainly be adjusted to assist in handling the debt.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0c66bae595a2c

Looking at another site I was surprised to see the top 10 Colleges for student debt lacking the names of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Stanford, Cal Tech and USC all known for very high tuition.

The 10 listed were mostly small private colleges with Liberal Arts Majors in the majority. Another interesting fact was the low number of students graduating in four years. Shocking because they were not majoring in quantum physics, engineering or medicine it was freaking liberal arts. Further shocking was how low the colleges generally rated, they were far from top tier. It defies common sense that someone would go to a college with a high tuition and take a major that affords low economic opportunity and then complain about the debt load. It’s all about the choices you make in life.

Click on any of these colleges and follow the numbers.

http://www.usnews.com/education/best...s-owe-the-most
    Yes, lots of the top schools have such large endowments they can actually offer a great education tuition free. Thanks for the link! I believe Harvard, Stanford, and USC are well on their way to having these programs in place. I got through UCSD and my sister through SDSU in four years. Not sure when this "five year" degree norm took over. I've heard finding classes makes it very difficult today at a lot of schools.

BTW, I actually got a full scholarship to the USC MBA program (thanks UCSD!) back in the 1980's. I always wondered if they saw the name "Harper" on my application and figured I was African-American.

Perhaps some "debt forgiveness" for successfully completing a degree, based on GPA? Better grades, less debt?

I think some of the "for profit" colleges take financial advantage of students as well should be severely scrutinized. National, Phoenix, all seem pretty shady.

Ah, but in the end, Kalifornia will definitely hand all her electoral votes to Kaptain Hillary Sparrow! The tattered Black Flag of Klinton will fly above the White House once again. Chaos in the streets will ensue. Humanity as we all currently know it will end.

Liberal gun owners (like me) will police the streets. Take free stuff from us, or die, scum!

Peace, baby.

John
    Last edited by John Harper; 09-07-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Liberal Gun owner LMAO. You won't be for long if Hillary gets in. But then you only need a shot gun like Biden says eh. It's gonna be tough fighting off the hoard and being legal with the lead free ban. I don't seem to be able to find rifled slugs or 00 Buck in lead free, you got a source.

If I wear both of these at the same time will ya consider me part of your liberal gun owner group and take me in.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0551.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	49009

Liberal Gun owner LMAO. You won't be for long if Hillary gets in. But then you only need a shot gun like Biden says eh. It's gonna be tough fighting off the hoard and being legal with the lead free ban. I don't seem to be able to find rifled slugs or 00 Buck in lead free, you got a source.

If I wear both of these at the same time will ya consider me part of your liberal gun owner group and take me in.

A fat butch lesbian astride a gelded unicorn, clutching an old BAR , across a rainbow background is our new battle flag!

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Harper View Post
    A fat butch lesbian astride a gelded unicorn, clutching an old BAR , across a rainbow background is our new battle flag!

John
    LMAO

Reminds me when I was a partner in one of my first businesses manufacturing outdoor aports equipment. Browning arms company was a client we did private labeling for. Visiting the headquarters in Mountain Green, UT I was given the royal tour. In the basement of the building that the engineers called the library was at least one each of every firearm John Browning and the company ever designed or built. Many were one of a kind that never went to market, breath taking to someone that liked firearms. Oh and did I say they also had an underground firing range and I got to fire a number of guns of my choosing for giggles and a BAR was one of them. I regret to this day on not taking advantage of the vendor discount afforded and not buying all the Belgium made Browning's I could afford. Would have made one of my better investments for sure.

LMAO

Reminds me when I was a partner in one of my first businesses manufacturing outdoor aports equipment. Browning arms company was a client we did private labeling for. Visiting the headquarters in Mountain Green, UT I was given the royal tour. In the basement of the building that the engineers called the library was at least one each of every firearm John Browning and the company ever designed or built. Many were one of a kind that never went to market, breath taking to someone that liked firearms. Oh and did I say they also had an underground firing range and I got to fire a number of guns of my choosing for giggles and a BAR was one of them. I regret to this day on not taking advantage of the vendor discount afforded and not buying all the Belgium made Browning's I could afford. Would have made one of my better investments for sure.
    I have an old Browning Double Auto of my dad's. Came with two barrels and leather case, which I still have.

Wow, this thread is ending up like "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood." Maybe there is hope.

John
    Last edited by John Harper; 09-07-2016 at 02:36 PM.

Another prediction!!!! Hilary is now going to take away our guns!!!! I thought Obama was suppose to do that in his first term. Then when he didn't do that, he was FOR SURE going to do it in his 2nd term. Well did he?????? HELL NO!!!!! Now the Conservatives are doubling down with Hilary. Dev in court when a witness get's discredited, like all the Conservatives predictions with Obama on guns. Rational people just say to those individuals, "go sit in the corner while the adults in the room try to work things out!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-07-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast