Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Looks as though the time has come!

Default Looks as though the time has come!

Yup, I'm ready to get out there and give it another go! Planning on fishing Senators Wash and Squaw lake for this holiday weekend. I have been advised of a different route to shave off possibly 1 hour of the drive time getting down to the Yuma area. I have yet to look into the weather forecast, but I really don't expect that to change my plans any, well except if there is wind in the forecast! I plan to write about the trip once I return, I asked a few friends and relatives, but got the usual replies... It's too hot, It's too far, you stay down there too long... So needless to say, I will be going it alone again, at least I don't have to be bothered by the - "I gotta go to the restroom" or the "lets go back now- , I'm bored, tired, hungry, TIRED..." Even if I do complain, I rarely listen to myself, and therefore won't interrupt the fishing game!

Good luck! looking forward to the report!

Nice to hear that you are committed to the trip. I find myself doing the same thing(going when it is too hot, stormy, stay out too long, go too early) but it is what I do for the challenge.

Okay, I looked at the weather channel and the forecast is for 105 degrees, wind at 10 MPH. In about 8 weeks I will get to enjoy a nice camp fire, for right now it is simply too hot for that, I plan on camping out at night unless I end up staying on the lake, having never been to Squaw lake, I really don't know if I will be able to stay out all night, I have tried staying out all night on the river, but it did not turn out to well. At any rate I hope to find a place to target shoot my AR 15, and possibly sight in my AR 10 that I recently built. Looking forward to trying out my boat with the new Bimini top to keep out of the mid day heat, and with a little luck I may even be able to get a few cats and maybe a bass or two... Well I will definitely give a full report after this trip is in the books. Nice to find that there are a few that like to read about my crazy adventures. If I didn't actually live the experiences myself I would have a difficult time believing that someone would keep doing what I do with all the drama that I often experience, but I really do enjoy what I do and like meeting fellow fishing enthusiasts. Life without adventure would be rather boring. I really do need to be more careful in this heat, one of my last trips out to Havasu I really got into a bit of a jam with the heat and my bad habit of not eating, I had failed to eat for about 48 hours, and then eating 2 ice creams, then I was really in trouble... Heat exhaustion / Stroke... Thought that I was going to pass out, and was afraid that it would end up being hours before any drove by and discovered me... For the cold, I was up at Silverwood in December I think, I almost fell into the lake, not 1 time, but 2 times within 10 minutes. The tempature was a smoking 18 degrees! I was holding onto the ramp rail for dear life, and 2 guys from FNN started yelling at me "Hold On, were coming to help!" All I could think of was, "You better bet your A.. I'm going to hold on!" I can't swim, and I had 100 MPH rain gear and fishing boots on! No life vest! Well that was one of my more frightening trips...