Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fish Planting Schedule

Default Fish Planting Schedule

Hey guys,

Noob here.

I have a silly question - looking at the Fish Planting Schedule online(****://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/fishplants/), I see they have the week of plant date, does that mean that they will stock that day or any day within that week? Any alternative to find out exactly when they stock it?(forum topic, another site, etc/).

Thanks
    Ric

Best bet is to go the lake you are interested in and find someone who works there. Give him/her you phone number and a 20 dollar bill. Have them call you when the truck drives up.

Used to work.

yeah i was thinking of that but don't want to get caught up with the bribe stuff lol

Ahh....tongue in cheek.

Better deal is to meet some folks from here....get your skills up to par and you won't have to follow the stocking truck. You'll catch fish whenever you go.

Hey Viejo,

Thanks for prompt response - this is my main source for fishing around the LA area. Do you know where/company does the state buy there stocked fish from?

Ric

It is not a bribe. It is a tip for services rendered.

Quote Originally Posted by rickenrocker View Post
    I see they have the week of plant date, does that mean that they will stock that day or any day within that week?
    Unfortunately, due to people who will actually follow a stocking truck, DFG no longer gives the exact date on when a stock will occur.

As Viejo said, best bet is to bribe someone who will text you when the stocking truck arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by rickenrocker View Post
    Hey Viejo,

Thanks for prompt response - this is my main source for fishing around the LA area. Do you know where/company does the state buy there stocked fish from?

Ric
    Fish come from a variety of sources depending on species and drive times.....some are private hatcheries and some are State owned.

Thank you all for the tips! :)