Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Personal Best

Default Personal Best

Took a trip on the Patriot out of Newport Landing August 24th. We got into a very nice school of large yellowtail. I caught my personal best. Didn't catch a lot that day but there was enough on this fish to feed the folks in my church who love for me to fish
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Personal Best.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	48970

Quote Originally Posted by pastorsheldon View Post
    Took a trip on the Patriot out of Newport Landing August 24th. We got into a very nice school of large yellowtail. I caught my personal best. Didn't catch a lot that day but there was enough on this fish to feed the folks in my church who love for me to fish
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Personal Best.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	48970
    Nice job. Was a limited load?

Very nice,congrats! Love me some hamachi!

Cya Tuna Vic

Oh yeah,
    My Pastors always seem to know when I have fish <><
    Robert

It was 40 people

The Lord provides, always.

pastorsheldpn.

I was on the Patriot that very same day, (if I remember the date correctly). We had great bait, large sardines, and on the way out I figured it was going to be a great day.

The seals at Santa Catalina Island were a real pain in the a**! They followed the boat to every stop. The Captain try his best to get away from them and keep moving, but the seals swam as fast as the boat would move and were waiting for the chum as soon as we stopped. The Yellowtail stayed out away from the boat and the seals ate their fill of the sardines. First time that I have been skunked in a very long time! The yellow were good size and it just broke my heart to see a seal trying to choke down a 30+# Yellowtail it had stolen from a guys hook-up!
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 09-06-2016 at 07:42 AM.

That is a Toad! Congrats!

Thumbs up

Nice catch, congrats on the Personal Best Pastor.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    pastorsheldpn.

I was on the Patriot that very same day, (if I remember the date correctly). We had great bait, large sardines, and on the way out I figured it was going to be a great day.

The seals at Santa Catalina Island were a real pain in the a**! They followed the boat to every stop. The Captain try his best to get away from them and keep moving, but the seals swam as fast as the boat would move and were waiting for the chum as soon as we stopped. The Yellowtail stayed out away from the boat and the seals ate their fill of the sardines. First time that I have been skunked in a very long time! The yellow were good size and it just broke my heart to see a seal trying to choke down a 30+# Yellowtail it had stolen from a guys hook-up!
    Yeah probably the same day. The seals were a pain, thankfully they didn't get mine.