Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slug Yellowtail biting on the Indian

Quote Originally Posted by Jig-Guy View Post
    Thanks for the interesting report. I am glad you got the 3 slugs and you had a great time. I am in the OLDER bucket and like my bunk on a boat also.
    Bunks are a great thing with a 3 hour boat ride each way. (it looks like he's going to SBI on some trips, which is even a longer boat ride) If you're going on the Indian, there is no shame in bringing your own pillow and blanket to make it a little more comfortable, now that it's getting pretty cold some day's on the water.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-17-2016 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    Btw, I highly doubt The Native Sun jacked a spot away from the Indian. Capt Aaron of the Native Sun knows the waters good and tries lots of spots
    Agreed, and add to that..............the Indian leaves 1/2 hour before the Native Sun does.

Quote Originally Posted by vdisney View Post
    Agreed, and add to that..............the Indian leaves 1/2 hour before the Native Sun does.
    Unfortunately for the Indian, even though he leaves 1/2 hour before the Native Sun. He no longer loads bait prior to his departure time. So most of the time he leaves the Harbor at 7:15, which even though the Native Sun has to get bait also his baiting up is quicker. So then you have to figure which landing is closer to the spot at Catalina Island or which boat is faster. Departure times are not the sole determiner to which boat gets to any spot earlier!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-08-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12