Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dove opener

Default Dove opener

Was wondering if there are others that are planning for the dove opener? If so, where are you going.

I will be down near the Salton Sea. Heard good things fron a buddy that scouted the area. But I saw there were storms out in the colorado river area. Happena every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Was wondering if there are others that are planning for the dove opener? If so, where are you going.

I will be down near the Salton Sea. Heard good things fron a buddy that scouted the area. But I saw there were storms out in the colorado river area. Happena every year.
    Headed out to my regular spot(s) east of Yuma. This will be my 53rd consecutive opener. Good Hunting!

John

I will also be in the field around Yuma. John, FYI, Spragues is having a "Big Breast" contest on 9/1, and maybe 9/2 (I am not sure about 9/2). No entry fee, lots of prizes, weigh in is for Morning and White Wing only.

Ive been to Yuma a couple times for the opener but not in many years. ReAlly not sure where to shoot. Have also been to Gila Bend. Sone of the highest bird concentration I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by eah View Post
    I will also be in the field around Yuma. John, FYI, Spragues is having a "Big Breast" contest on 9/1, and maybe 9/2 (I am not sure about 9/2). No entry fee, lots of prizes, weigh in is for Morning and White Wing only.
    My buddy has several shirts from past Sprague's BB Contest. I think they've been doing it a long time too.

John

Good luck brings lots of water it's going to be got. Plus bring your fishing rod to fish the canal there is catfish, bass, carp and others in there.

Fyi watch out for idiots that will shot at anything. A few years back I was almost hit 2 in one day.

Joshua, I tried a couple of times to reply to your message. I do not think my replies went through. Let me know if you got them.

Ed

we will be down around the salton sea as well with a group of 15....been going down there since '78!

Quote Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
    we will be down around the salton sea as well with a group of 15....been going down there since '78!
    Where do you go where 15 guys can shoot safely?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast