Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dove opener

I'll be in Yuma with approximately 10 others. If it's like the last 6 years I've gone, we'll come close to limiting out in the 1st hour. Then we'll concentrate on the Eurasian's. There's no limit, they're bigger, and they're much better eating.
    Good luck to all and be safe.

I am heading out tomorrow / Wednesday. HOPE to shoot some trap and always have an eye out for eurasian dove.
    Picked up some mojo decoys and anxious to see how well they work.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Where do you go where 15 guys can shoot safely?

Haha! Its a big desert! We usually don't have trouble finding safe areas to hunt among the other 10,000 hunters in the Imperial Valley on opening day. Usually, though we do split into smaller groups when we hit the field. Mojos can work great, don't usually need them for opener though...Good luck to all. Be safe and don't forget eye protection and post up a report!

Quote Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
    Haha! Its a big desert! We usually don't have trouble finding safe areas to hunt among the other 10,000 hunters in the Imperial Valley on opening day. Usually, though we do split into smaller groups when we hit the field. Mojos can work great, don't usually need them for opener though...Good luck to all. Be safe and don't forget eye protection and post up a report!
    I stop going to niland because there is to many ppl and lost most of them sit in the middle of the field. It kinda of crazy because you will not see them in till last minute because of them being in full camo. That is why we go to our friend ranch or out to the high desert. Lots of the fields have become private.

Just got back from Yuma. Shooting was absolutely incredible! Easy limits all three days. I think this was maybe the best three days of shooting I've had in 53 years of dove openers. I can't imagine Argentina being any better than what we had. Done by 6:15AM on Day Three!!!!

Same results all three days:
    Last edited by John Harper; 09-04-2016 at 11:51 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12