Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Intake 2

Default Intake 2

Fished Intake last Saturday from 5PM-7:30 and only caught a few small rainbows. Water level was a few feet lower than the edge of the dam. Went back on Sunday at 5PM and the water was 20-25 feet lower! I was stunned that so much water could be gone in such a short amount of time! I was told that there was another dam that was being repaired and they needed the water from Intake to generate electricity. My bro and I only caught a fish each in the first half hour. There were about 15 fishermen on the lake. By 6PM we had the lake to ourselves and at that time the small brownies came out! We caught 50 small browns from 8"-11" in two hours time! All were released safely. Panthers and Thomas Buoyants were the lure of choice. It was the most fun I've had in years! Wonder how long it will take for the lake to fill up again.

Not unusual for the lake to be drawn down, happens from time to time for repair or upkeep. Good news is they will sometimes dump a bunch of nice fish in after repair work is done. At least that's my hope and that they are done and stocked by the time I get there later in September.