Headed up the line to the Malibu region. Started off at Corral Canyon area at 5:30am. Tide was pretty low, waves were off and on 2-3 foot.

Conditions were very fishy, however the weeds were thick!!! I wasn't able to retrieve a cast on the LC without a ton of eel grass or kelp. Probably a result of the low tides. The fish were there, just didn't hook any. They were showing me by jumping out of the water to mock me. Some nice bass and even some pencil size cuda were seen. Couple of bigger boils also, but i could not ID the fish as they never broke the surface enough for me to see. After a few hours of scouting the area to try and find anywhere to fish, i decided it would not be possible. Thought about setting up the drop-shot, but didn't. Thinking back, it probably would have done well using the weedless setup. So packed up and headed south towards Santa Monica pier area. Hit up a few spots along to way just to check conditions, but the weeds were thick in almost all areas with shoreline structure near by.

Finally made it down towards the pier and the conditions were decent, but mostly small perch were the only option. Decided against playing with the little guys and called it a day. I will be heading up the line for a few days of camping in the San Simeon region and Leo Carrillo areas over the weekend. Looking forward to prospecting some new waters up the coast. If anyone has any areas up the line they dont mind sharing with a visitor, please send me a PM.

Thanks. Scott