Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 2 Corvina Morning On The LC In N.County AM Report 8/21/16

Default 2 Corvina Morning On The LC In N.County AM Report 8/21/16

Headed out in the dark this morning and stopped by the beach. Coffee in hand debating whether or not to hit the surf. Waited and watched. After about 15 minutes I saw a pattern that wasn't good for surf fishing. Consistent big waves even on the low tide. Easy choice. I had a backup plan, and that was to hit the local Lagoon.

Started fishing in the dark, and I was using the top water Zara Spook. Moon was out and shining nicely. Even saw a pretty nice sized fireball shoot across the sky. It was pretty big and went far across the horizon. Pretty cool! I had the headlamp on but I'm trying to use it less as not to spook the fish. It seemed to help out this morning. I got a few strikes and they were hitting the top water with some nice ripples. I just couldn't connect with the spook this morning. So, I decided to tie on the Luckycraft FM 110. My luck changed immediately. Got one hit but I reacted to late and couldn't stick it. Kept at it. And then about two casts later WHAM! Set the hooks and it was fish on! Felt like a tank and was pulling some drag. Came top water and made some nice splashes. I could see then that this Silver Bullet was foul hooked. Oh great, I said to myself. Rocks were slippery as ice, and I worked my way over to the wet sand and landed my prize. Shortfin Corvina!

After the missed hits and finally the catch. Something told me to throw another cast right away. Even as the fish was flopping on the sand. I just wanted a quick cast again. BAM! Another Corvina on the line. What's funny though is this fish was foul hooked too and bigger and harder to bring in. But, it was hooked in pretty much the same spot as the first one. Crazy!

Bent my middle treble and didn't have any replacements with me. My bad, I did bend it back on the rock but it just wasn't the same. Sun was up, and I was out. Left with a smile, and it was another fun morning of fishing.

Here's some pictures of the Corvina.

Kept the small Corvina for some Ceviche, wasn't going to make it. Put the big one back. She was chunky!

Glad to be off work this morning and enjoy some stick time! Thanks for reading and good luck out there. Be safe!

Until next tide!

Joel

Thanks for the report, sounds fun.

So you like that glow in the dark lucky craft. I was thinking about ordering a couple

A nice couple of Corvina indeed! WTG!!

SP Dan <"))><