Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    Did they bring out the pellet gun and start shooting at the seals?
    Yes they did. Didn't help a lot though.

Just to say I am not a newbie. Been fishing since I was able to hold a rod.

Welcome to the high season, you seasoned veteran. Also, anyone who thinks they can fish their number the entire time without following their bait is absolutely ridiculous. All that number is to me is sack identification. When you have this many people on the boat, the real problem is lack of cooperation. For the record, if you dont want to move when someone is trying to get a bait out, expect some backlash. In my experience, Bruce and the Sport King has been a better boat. Counts are misleading, and fish that are caught sometimes get released and still end up in the count. Rather be on the sport king than the pursuit I'll tell you that much. Especially in August.

I respect the assigned # for the first stop... but there are those clowns that show up late or toss their rods into the boat while everyone boarding thinking they get the corner spot while u and ur buddies have been waiting in line since the office doors opened up or were able to get the back row....

had a few parents let the kids run around u when the decks say load up trying to do the same bs and stand in the spot while u put ur bags down or rack up ur extra rods...

had to set em straight ...and tell them itll get ugly if ur kid or u think they gonna be in my spot for the majority of the trip.. hint snip snip!!!!!!

im surprised I hvnt witnessed a few fights tho hv heard it happens out there and the captn will call coast guard if it gets outta hand..

Quote Originally Posted by pastorsheldon View Post
    Yes they did. Didn't help a lot though.
    I know the seals get in the way but they can't be shooting them.

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    I know the seals get in the way but they can't be shooting them.
    They can legally shoot them with a pellet gun, we looked it up. In the old day's I've seen them shoot them with a shotgun. The meanest trick they use to do in the old old day's. If the seagulls were are problem diving down and eating peoples bait. They would catch one and slit it throat and run it up the flag pole. The seagulls were smart enough to see what happened to their buddy and not dive in the water any more.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    They can legally shoot them with a pellet gun, we looked it up. In the old day's I've seen them shoot them with a shotgun. The meanest trick they use to do in the old old day's. If the seagulls were are problem diving down and eating peoples bait. They would catch one and slit it throat and run it up the flag pole. The seagulls were smart enough to see what happened to their buddy and not dive in the water any more.
    You might want to rethink that, It's illegal.

"Fishermen are allowed to use nonlethal means to scare the sea lions away, but shooting animals is forbidden under the federal Marine Mammal Protection Act.
    Those caught and convicted of shooting a sea lion face up to $10,000 in fines and up to a year in jail."

Some fisherman got in trouble for shooting at a seal with a pellet gun.

My biggest pet peeve is the ppl that save the seals that are sick because there is no good for them just to get them well and let them back into the the wild WHERE THEY SAID THERE IS NO GOOD FOR THEM. LET NATURE TAKE IT'S COURSE LET THE SEALS DIE. SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Theos View Post
    You might want to rethink that, It's illegal.

"Fishermen are allowed to use nonlethal means to scare the sea lions away, but shooting animals is forbidden under the federal Marine Mammal Protection Act.
    Those caught and convicted of shooting a sea lion face up to $10,000 in fines and up to a year in jail."
    No we looked it up!!! Bruce on the Sportking shoots them every trip, he would have been busted already if it was illegal. (I know being a jailhouse lawyer myself that's not good enough evidence) But as I said earlier we looked it up!!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-22-2016 at 09:51 PM.

No we looked it up!!! Bruce on the Sportking shoots them every trip, he would have been busted already if it was illegal. (I know being a jailhouse lawyer myself that's not good enough evidence) But as I said earlier we looked it up!!!!!!!
    I have been on alot of boat and none of them shot the seals with a pellet gun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast