Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to go?

Default Where to go?

So I'm finally making a trip up to the bishop area at the end of the month. It's my first time going and were staying at creekside inn in Bishop. I've been going over all the possible places to fish but don't know where to go? I planned on trying Intake II maybe driving to Convict Lake. My question is what lake has good shore fishing access? A lot of pictures online make the lakes seem really rocky and not accessible (Lake Sabrina, North/South Lake). Thanks for any input, I've been searching and watching YouTube to find a good place lol.

Bishop will be HOT ... you've got to start early ... PVR and the Owens off Line Street are good

Convict is a beautiful setting. Half way down the North side there's a ramp down to a very nice, pleasant, good place to fish even with a picnic table ... a further walk down the lake to the west end from the parking lot is probably even better ...

Intake 2 is usually good. Park and walk down the furthest end from the parking lot and you should have good luck. Sometimes good luck right from the dirt ramp next to the parking lot. The little pier is handicap intended ... have some respect. I've tried to use it with my wife and found some flakes using it.

Don't forget to report back.

GOOD LUCK
    Last edited by billy b; 08-17-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcskim View Post
    So I'm finally making a trip up to the bishop area at the end of the month. It's my first time going and were staying at creekside inn in Bishop. I've been going over all the possible places to fish but don't know where to go? I planned on trying Intake II maybe driving to Convict Lake. My question is what lake has good shore fishing access? A lot of pictures online make the lakes seem really rocky and not accessible (Lake Sabrina, North/South Lake). Thanks for any input, I've been searching and watching YouTube to find a good place lol.
    Go to mammoth area I did good there at lake George. I caught two 2.5lb and one 5lber

You like George better than Mary? I've tried Mary but not George. Is George a fairly level walk to the shore?

Thanks MUCH

Default Try North Lake

Doing well for stock trout there.

Good Luck........

Lake Sabrina inlet if you want to hike. Best place in the sierras in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    Lake Sabrina inlet if you want to hike. Best place in the sierras in my opinion.
    Is that a pretty level walk? I'm recovering from a knee replacement of a replacement. I can handle distance ... just not a lot of uneven terrain.

Thanks MUCH

Sounds good looks like it's Intake II and Convict it is! Thanks for input guys.

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    You like George better than Mary? I've tried Mary but not George. Is George a fairly level walk to the shore?

Thanks MUCH
    It was my first time fishing George. All I used was 2lb izor line with a small hook and drew custom worm wacky rigged with two split shots about 2 to 3 feet from the bait and I cast it out as far as I could then slowly jigged it in. The last day I as there I caught the 5lber and the one 2.5lber lost a third big trout but I caught 3 stocked trout also that day.

Quote Originally Posted by jcskim View Post
    Sounds good looks like it's Intake II and Convict it is! Thanks for input guys.
    Use light line. I caught a good amount at intake ll on the dam with the same rig I got my 5lber at George with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast