Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody getting affected by the Cajon fire ... ?

Default Anybody getting affected by the Cajon fire ... ?

DevoreFlyer ... How ya doin?

Heard it closed the 15

Wife and I are prayin for homes and evacuees.

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    DevoreFlyer ... How ya doin?

Heard it closed the 15

Wife and I are prayin for homes and evacuees.
    The flyer may have evacuated, the summit inn burned as well as McDonalds and Chevron. Looks like everything in the pass from the junction north along the freeway burned all the way to the summit.

Not evacuated as this is not my first rodeo (been thru four over the years). I am on 1.59 acres and it is clear with 1/2 acre of green landscape (water bill to prove it) around the home and a stucco, tile roofed home, garage and shop. Sent the wife out for wieners and marshmallows just in case. Brush and the mountain is the driest I have seen in the time we have lived here (1971). I am more worried about the end of September and beyond when the Santa Ana winds arrive. Picture is taken from my neighbors property yesterday afternoon, fire just a ridge line away but wind is blowing away. Helicopters and Borate bombers are really giving it h*ll today one flying overhead every 2 minutes or so coming or going.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0536.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	48922

Actually my first rodeo was in the 1970's as we had horses back then. You haven't lived until you try to load two horses into a horse trailer in the dark after midnight in a 60+ mph Santa Ana wind. Not to mention the smoke, flying embers, red lights and sirens making the horses as close to crazy as it comes. That was a e-coupon event I wouldn't wish on anyone. We evacuated and then I got nervous and sneaked back in past a road block to find a looter on the property. I had a concealed carry permit and was in the Sheriff Reserve back then. Closest I have ever came to shooting someone and boy was I tempted. Nothing worse than a scumbag taking advantage of a disaster.

You have saved us suffering taxpayers some money Good to hear you're okay ... so far

It's far from over as the wind just changed direction. These pics from neighbors and my property 10 minutes ago. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0537.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	48923Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0538.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	48924

Summit Inn to Macdonalds is quite a distance apart, I guess the weigh station too?

Yip south 15 weigh station is history.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Not evacuated as this is not my first rodeo (been thru four over the years). I am on 1.59 acres and it is clear with 1/2 acre of green landscape (water bill to prove it) around the home and a stucco, tile roofed home, garage and shop. Sent the wife out for wieners and marshmallows just in case. Brush and the mountain is the driest I have seen in the time we have lived here (1971). I am more worried about the end of September and beyond when the Santa Ana winds arrive. Picture is taken from my neighbors property yesterday afternoon, fire just a ridge line away but wind is blowing away. Helicopters and Borate bombers are really giving it h*ll today one flying overhead every 2 minutes or so coming or going.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0536.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	48922
    Amen.....................

i was planning a trip to bass pro from Lancaster Friday, but if the 15 is still closed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast