Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: question about live bait

Exfactor hit on it - a lot of the regs are aimed at preventing "non-native" species, and in the case of crawdads I believe the fear is of transplanting quagga from wherever you get the 'dads from (easy enough to get all the dads you want in certain parts of the Santa Ana river bottom). But I'm pretty sure crickets are hassle free and easy to get in quantity at Pet stores that sell lizard food.
    As a Dad I hear what you're saying - nothing gets the Little Ones hooked on fishing like actually catching fish - doesn't matter what kind or how big - action keeps em interested. And plenty of snacks!

yes!!! found bait. freeport california. go up there every 2 months. want to retire there population 127

Brewcrafter is right on but I thought you could use live bait if you caught it in the lake you are fishing Shad, silversides, crawdads, etc. As for as taking the kids fishing crickets are great I use them myself reptile and pet stores carry those. Good Luck

www.bassinthehood.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12