Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sherwood slay session !!!!!!!

Default Sherwood slay session !!!!!!!

I met up with Zplug and his Gf today and decided to call up my brother from another mother . Stephorn has been out of the bass scene for a while so decided to give him a call and come out for the carnage. 4 stock is on the boat and once we got on the water it was absolutely awesome. Top water , flukes , jerks etc ... Fish were crushing everything that imitated a baitfish . Wolfpacking all over the lake and open water the bite was insane ! We got off the water about an hour ago and we estimated at least 145 fish for 4 hrs of fishing . Double hook ups , two fish on one topwater you name it . Even caught a huge 2 lb Red Ear on a snag proof frog. Had to get off the lake for the night life at the Branding Iron..... where ever they are hiding or lurking it's guaranteed that they will feel the steel !!!

Tight lines fellas .

So awesome to slay it with you brother. StepHORNNNN had a blast bassin then two stepping it up at the Brandin Iron. The bass seem to gobble up anything we threw at them and so did the ladies. Let's get out there again while the bite is red hot.

Default Sherwood

Bassathon is usually in March but this summer it has came to Sherwood Without a doubt.

Default fishing skills

Quote Originally Posted by Vision246 View Post
    Bassathon is usually in March but this summer it has came to Sherwood Without a doubt.
    Sherwood is a great spot to take an amateur to catch as many bass as they can. If you want dozens of small 1 1/2 pound cookie cutter bass it is the place to go. But definitely not a place to test your fishing skills or get consistent big bass. If you want the big uns and a little more skill involved to get them Westlake is a MUCH better fishery.

I would love to fish Westlake but don't have access. Sherwood does have a few DD's but there aren't many in there. I've only caught 4 over 10 pounds in the last 10 years.

Default Sherwood

The ultimate Lee eye with a black Mack Attack at the BI.

Default True Dat

Quote Originally Posted by ZPLUG View Post
    I would love to fish Westlake but don't have access. Sherwood does have a few DD's but there aren't many in there. I've only caught 4 over 10 pounds in the last 10 years.
    Getting 4 over 10 out of Sherwood is a good accomplishment. You are correct though, some biguns are still caught every year and when they shocked the lake looking for the gar they did end up floating 4 fish that were at 10 or close to. Biggest on my boat is 13.59 last year flipping the tules at the island. It was weighed on a digital scale and pics were taken. If you want to see pics let me know and maybe we can trade #s on PM

Last year I caught my biggest two in August and September on the wall by the tule island (13.8 and 12.5). I wonder if the 13.59 one you caught was the same fish. I have pictures of all the big ones I have caught there. I would definitely like to see pics to see if its the same fish. Send me your # via PM. Do you know if they have caught the gar yet? I still haven't seen it.

Default Scale?

So those biguns you caught were weighed on a digital scale? When you say .8 and .5 is that ounces or tenths of a pound?

No they have not caught the gar yet. Someone has gotten it on video and my friend who knows fish said he has seen it twice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast